Order of radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do apologise for this question as the answer may seem obvious to the professionals on the forum.

Well here I go I have a gas powered back boiler wwith a danfoss 15/50 pump this system is running 8 radiators, the problem I am having is identifying in which order they heat up.

The one in the bedroom directly above where the back boiler is heats up first so I assume that is the first in line but after that it is hard to find the correct order they heat as they seem to vary the order in which they heat up.

The reason for my question is to enable me to balance the system.

I would appreciate any help

Thanks Miko

Sponsored Links
The simple answer is there is not an order it all depends on how the rads are teed in on circuit

After the first minute or so they should all heat up together if they are properly balanced. Thats if its not the old and rare single pipe system!

Balancing covers the equilibrium condition where they have all heated up after say 20 minutes. The aim is to achieve a temperature differential of about 11° for a standard boiler like yours or approaching 20° for a modern condensing boiler.

Tony

I have read on some of the posts elswhere on the forum that the TRVs should be on max, is this important to balancing the system?

Sponsored Links
yes...otherwise you'll get false readings from your ls valve

Thanks for a superfast response I will try and balance the system and see how it goes.

Thanks Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back