Idon't understand

:) Like to thank you all for the feedback. Sorry been away a couple of days so couldn't get to respond earlier. Good to see the suggestions.
water is leaking at the edging tiles at base to wall point.
This shower was built before I moved there, approx 11 yrs ago.
Like all the slagging can't get involved myself not experienced enough, in tiling that is, not slagging.
But anyway, i get the drift and we may have to rip it out after all. We shall see what happens after the first shower.
CHEERS ALL !! :)

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem. When i applied silicon i didnt weigh down the shower tray so that when i stepped in the shower i just broke the seal. Did you weight the tray down when the silicon was applied?

:D Hi tom....well on the first occassion I used silicon I did weight it down. Then after reading one of the replies and suggestions I removed the old silicon, (which may have been a bit old) purchased good stuff and new, applied but did not weigh it down. Funny that I know I would do the same for bath edging...fill it the bath with water..
Well I wonder if that's the reason and I should do it all again but weigh the base down.
Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
Yeah, worth a try mate. It made a huge difference with me even though there was only the slightest of downward movement when weight was applied. I suppose it only take the smallest of movements to produce a gap though. Good luck....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back