Ignitor Assembly broken pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Suprima 60HE and recently the little red lock-out light has started coming on, sometimes the boiler would fire up and run for a while, other times it wouldn't. I've traced the fault to the Ignition transformer and the central pin is broken in the connector. I've found a site that sells the ignition transformer / ignitor assembly but what I would like to do is replace the connector on the end of the wiring loom as well. It is pretty corroded - it looks like there has been a small leak and water has dripped onto the connector - and could do with being replaced. There is enough spare wire on the loom / harness to allow me to cut the wire back, crimp on some new wire ends and fit a new connector. Anybody know where I can get a new connector from or what make/type of connector it will be? I don't want to buy a whole loom just to cut of the connector and then splice it into the old loom.

Thanks for any help

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back