IKEA

I do voluntary work in a furniture warehouse for a local charity.

We pick virtually anything up, but when we get half completed Ikea stuff back we do tend to make kindling from it and sell for 25p a bundle. :)

Sponsored Links
My experience is good. We've had a lot of Ikea stuff over the years and the majority of it is still in good order.

My Mum has some sofas from 1991 still strong structurally, although the fabric is wearing, but that would be the same for any 19 year old sofa.

Our kitchen table is still good. It's a similar vintage and really has had 20 years of abuse. We bought it to furnish a buy-to-let place.

Then I took it. The second half of its life it had had abuse from 1 then 2 then 3 young boys, hot pans straight off the hob on it with no protection, grease, oil, acids you name it and it still scrubs up well.

KitchenTable.jpg

We buy the occasional thing there. My mum likes their rugs. They have a few nice things in every department, IMO. But still not enough low energy stuff in the lighting dept. They are still pushing those halogen-lights-on-tension-cables. Yuck.

I love the meatballs in the cafe. And the hot dogs on the way out. Good stuff. :p

Yeah, some of the stuff is wierd, but I like how they show you room scenes showcasing the items, and then it makes you think "hmm that actually works". Their kitchens are innovative.

IKEA meatballs seem more popular than their furniture does. If anyone wants to make their own here's my recipe for faux IKEA meatballs.
The pan is the mighty Meyer discussed elsewhere in this forum recently ;)

Sponsored Links
We had a trip to Ikea today. Spent loads of money and enjoyed a big serve of KÖTTBULLAR. :rolleyes:

IKEA meatballs seem more popular than their furniture does. If anyone wants to make their own here's my recipe for faux IKEA meatballs.
The pan is the mighty Meyer discussed elsewhere in this forum recently ;)

Where can I get Swedish cow's lips and ar$eholes to make the recipe really authentic? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back