I'm all for disability rights but....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why did she book/accept a first floor room in the first place?
If the lift had been working when they arrived and then broke down, whilst they were upstairs, how did they intend to get out in the event of an evacuation order? Yes, these places must have 'rescue' chairs, but not all members of staff may be trained in how to use them.
Unless she specified, when ordering the room, that she was disabled and needed ground floor accommodation, then I don't see how the hotel can be held responsible. Booking forms for most hotels, swimming pools, holiday accommodation etc ask if you have any disabilities/need any special measures put in place.
I suspect, if this had been a member of the general public, it wouldn't be getting headline news.

Sponsored Links
Some context would be nice.
Thats just it. There is no context as we are not getting the whole story.
Did she say she was disabled when she booked? In which case, if she did, they should have offered a ground floor room. If none were available they should have said so. Maybe they did. We don't know.
If she did state it, then did she say she was happy to accept a room on the first floor? If she did then the hotel would have/should have drawn up a PEEP, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan).
But we are given the impression the hotel are entirely to blame for the lift breaking down and not thinking of their guests. They are responsible, for having it maintained/serviced regularly, but this doesn't stop faults occurring unexpectedly.

I don't know what story you are referring to but if it was published on any of the rags then it was specifically to push an agenda by either leaving parts of the story out to mislead or writing it in a way to be confusing.

Sponsored Links
As said the tabloids cherry pick stories to give a spin, but we need some background Conny.

He's just testing your googling ability.
And he's found you wanting so far.

He's about to launch a googling-search, hands-on, learn-while-you-operate, touch-typing, certifcated, guaranteed, fully-reviewed course for beginners. ;)

Or have you become Gant, and begun posting in riddles?
I never have, and never will, be anyone other than Conny.
Used the same name for every single post/reply since joining in 2008.
I don't go with this name changing on any forum I may be on.
I would have thought you know me better than that Brig.

Is there any chance you are going to provide a link to the original story?

I never have, and never will, be anyone other than Conny.
Used the same name for every single post/reply since joining in 2008.
I don't go with this name changing on any forum I may be on.
I would have thought you know me better than that Brig.

It was a figurative post, @conny :)

Sponsored Links
Back