I'm so desperate to be...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A PLUMBER.
Im so desperate to become a plumber but all the options i have just don't suit my circumstances. Can anyone give me some advice?... please!
Im currently employed full time on +18K and cant go part time due to my position. I have looked at college courses but they wont fit in with my work. I was considering mordern apprenticeship but I have no idea where to go to get into it and the wage is a problem, i assume. My fiance has just got a job after graduating so that makes things a little more easy. She is on +11K now and our total outgoings equate to +20K. So I need to earn at least 11K too. Please, where can I go??? :cry:
Oh yea, im 23 years old.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps look into a home learning course, so you can still work full time and also earn the qualifications you want

g4ry said:
A PLUMBER.
Im so desperate to become a plumber but all the options i have just don't suit my circumstances. Can anyone give me some advice?... please!
Im currently employed full time on +18K and cant go part time due to my position. I have looked at college courses but they wont fit in with my work. I was considering mordern apprenticeship but I have no idea where to go to get into it and the wage is a problem, i assume. My fiance has just got a job after graduating so that makes things a little more easy. She is on +11K now and our total outgoings equate to +20K. So I need to earn at least 11K too. Please, where can I go??? :cry:
Oh yea, im 23 years old.

WHY??? long hours, no more weekends blimey

the best places to visit are

http://www.plumbers.org.uk/ this is the Institute Of Plumbers, I belong to them and am sure they are still running a apprentice type thing.

www.bpec.org.uk this is the British Plumbing Employers Council

www.liciencedplumber.co.uk this is the Approved Plumbing and Heating Contractors site

One of these is sure to put you right.

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back