Immigration...............Job I did today, feel very uneasy.

No. What is your hourly rate tomorrow?

Sponsored Links
Let's see.

£1500 a month over, let's say for the sake of argument, four 35 hour weeks, works out at £10.71 per hour.

That's net of course, not sure gross would be, would need to get accounting package out. But let's say pre tax I pay myself £13 - £14 an hour.

There you go, not sure at all why this is of any business to you whatsoever, everything is declared to the taxman and the correct tax/NI is paid as required.

That's less than I paid an electrician recently for a kitchen extension/new CU, he wanted £20 an hour + materials and I was happy to pay him that. He gets paid a lot more in London too, he's a good lad, works hard, happy to get on his bike, I gave him the work even though he wasn't the cheapest.

So what's yours?

I would have gone back to the landlord and told him to get someone else to fix the boiler.
That way you would have known you had kept your integrity. I bet right now the thing anoying you most is that you have actually performed a service to benefit them.
Once went to a house and was asked to fit cctv.
They wanted the cctv facing down the street in both directions. They had a grill at the front door and a couple of staffies and while I was on my ladder someone came up to the front door and passed through some money and walked off with something in their hand. I immediately packed up my kit and ladder and went to the door and told the peoiple in the house that the system would not work and they would have to find someone else to install.

I did not want my work to be used so some drug pushers could tell when the plod was coming . . feck em

Let's see.

£1500 a month over, let's say for the sake of argument, four 35 hour weeks, works out at £10.71 per hour.

That's net of course, not sure gross would be, would need to get accounting package out. But let's say pre tax I pay myself £13 - £14 an hour.

There you go, not sure at all why this is of any business to you whatsoever, everything is declared to the taxman and the correct tax/NI is paid as required.

That's less than I paid an electrician recently for a kitchen extension/new CU, he wanted £20 an hour + materials and I was happy to pay him that. He gets paid a lot more in London too, he's a good lad, works hard, happy to get on his bike, I gave him the work even though he wasn't the cheapest.

So what's yours?

I'm not interested in what you pay yourself - that is an amount you live on that is called drawings. I'm asking you this question:

Tomorrow you will do some hourly work in Birmingham.

How much will you be paid for it?

This isn't the same as asking you what you will pay yourself (drawings).

How much will the people employing you hand over to you?

It's a simple enough question. Give us a simple answer. (he won't) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no it's not called drawings, it's called a salary and comes under PAYE.

What my employer charges my time out for is completely irrelevant to what comes to me. My employer has expenses which change depending on the job, location and market conditions, whether my employer needs to subcontract out work etc etc . These expenses are deducted prior to payment of corporation tax etc etc.

However I do not have a rate below which I will not get out of bed.

So what is your rate? I told you how much I get paid. You could have at least thanked me for a helpful answer.

Is it because you simply don't understand the concept (likely) or your ego is so huge that you don't want anybody to know (also likely)

I get it - you are paid a very lowly sum to 'take home', and the other £100K is placed offshore so no UK tax is paid. Are you are GP?

£1500 a month take home is not a 'lowly sum'. Plenty of people get paid less and I'm very fortunate to be in the position I am in. You are arrogant in the extreme to call that a 'lowly sum'.

You already asked me if I was a GP and I told you then that I'm not. Friggen dreadful job, people like pred and you coming in moaning all the time thinking the world owes them a living and they think I give a toss. Nothing wrong with most of them, dreadful dreadful dreadful job.

Though it does pay well, could do two days a week and still earn a fortune, good pension too, but still too many moaners.

All taxes are paid in the UK (mainland), unless dual taxation comes into play, when income is declared to all authorities and they fight over it.

So I seem to be answering all the questions. What's your hourly rate?

So you are telling us that for all your medical degrees you earn around £18k for a 35 hour week? Retiring in Norway? FFS - we may not be educated but we are bright enough to see your game. You probably OWN the offshore company that employs you. It's the oldest trick in the book. Ask Tony Blair.

Joe 90 is on my ignore list as its usually not worth reading what he spouts
only time I see his twaddle is if someone quotes him then it comes up on their post, How unfortunate :LOL:

Hey Joe ( sounds like a song title) if I post a topic please reciprocate by not littering it with your tripe, in other words don't post on it...........ignore my posts like I ignore yours. Thanks.

UKIP are a one trick pony - hence will never get in.

Correct.
UKIP consists of "Nigel Farage and his colourful but essentially ineffective anti EU rants". That's all they have. Anyone who wastes their precious vote on that extremely limited package deserves all they get.

You right.

We should vote con/lab/lib for more of the same, it's working so well for us at the moment.

I can understand some people's need to exercise a protest vote over the lack of choice between one bunch of corrupt, incompetent boobies and another.
Unfortunately, in their current manifestation, a protest vote is all that UKIP will ever be good for, and voting them into government before they can develop a greater powerbase and a proper, costed manifesto would be a disaster.

Who would you suggest we vote for then please??

I'm expressing an opinion, not lobbying for votes.

Joe 90 is on my ignore list as its usually not worth reading what he spouts.

Yes he is a bitter man but entertaining so I still respond.

So you are telling us that for all your medical degrees you earn around £18k for a 35 hour week? Retiring in Norway? FFS - we may not be educated but we are bright enough to see your game. You probably OWN the offshore company that employs you. It's the oldest trick in the book. Ask Tony Blair.

My emplyoyer is an LTD registered in England. The company banks with a London branch of a UK bank, it has no offshore bank accounts and does not own any offshore companies.

It doesn't even claim legitimate expenses for the use of a room in my house which is exclusively for business. It is that squeaky clean, It would rather not do anything that makes the taxman think it is doing anything wrong. Because it is not, it is 100% above board.

There is no tax evasion, money moved offshore, nothing clever at all. The company pays UK corporation tax on all profits. I pay UK tax/NI on every single penny that comes my way.

So how much do you earn an hour?

Yes but he doesn't reply if you pose a reasonable question that requires an answer, so one has to assume he hasn't got an answer.

I grew up from been a wind up merchant years ago, occasionally I slip back
but for its Joe 90's it's a mission.

It just become tedious debating with him because he cant argue a point without resorting to silliness.

You need to get inside his head.

So come on Joe, how much do you earn an hour? Didn't you play "I'll show me yours if you show me mine" in your cave? What else do cavemen do on a dark antipodean night?

Joe 90 is on my ignore list as its usually not worth reading what he spouts.

Yes he is a bitter man but entertaining so I still respond.

My emplyoyer is an LTD registered in England. The company banks with a London branch of a UK bank, it has no offshore bank accounts and does not own any offshore companies.

It doesn't even claim legitimate expenses for the use of a room in my house which is exclusively for business. It is that squeaky clean, It would rather not do anything that makes the taxman think it is doing anything wrong. Because it is not, it is 100% above board.

There is no tax evasion, money moved offshore, nothing clever at all. The company pays UK corporation tax on all profits. I pay UK tax/NI on every single penny that comes my way.

So how much do you earn an hour?

Running scared now huh? A medical doctor is in the top 2% of earners in this country. You, however, claim to be highly qualified yet earn far less than the average UK wage (£26Kpa). You claim to earn just £18kpa.

Either you are lying about your qualifications or lying about your earnings. Which is it?
:confused:

Yes but he doesn't reply if you pose a reasonable question that requires an answer, so one has to assume he hasn't got an answer.

I grew up from been a wind up merchant years ago, occasionally I slip back
but for its Joe 90's it's a mission.

It just become tedious debating with him because he cant argue a point without resorting to silliness.

Silly enough to kick your ass week in week out.

Sponsored Links
Back