****ing on trees

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Read about the bloke who did one day in side for ****ing on neighbours leylandi, he nearly succeded in killing em. :LOL: Now I got a 40ft horsechestnut in my garden complete with preservation order :( . :!: I wonder how many cans of recycled stella will I need to get this to wilt :?:

Sponsored Links
If you were in Britain a sign saying "Please do not destroy this tree" would suffice..... :LOL:

I spent three years pi**ing on the same small tree 3-4 times a week on my way back from the union, along with half a dozen mates, and it's still there.

I guess it depends on the tree... I hear German Oak thrives under such conditions :eek:

There was a case in our local paper only last week in which a pensioner of 70+ was convicted for killing a neighbours Leylandii by means of urinating on it every night for a sustained period of time. Can't remember what the punishment was but I'll try and look up the article and get back to you...

Sponsored Links
confidentincompetent said:
Read about the bloke who did one day in side for p******g on neighbours leylandi, he nearly succeded in killing em. :LOL: Now I got a 40ft horsechestnut in my garden complete with preservation order :( . :!: I wonder how many cans of recycled stella will I need to get this to wilt :?:

If it is in your garden, then simply dig into the ground at the base of the tree, find the main root..you'll know when you have found it..drill into the root about half way with a 10mm+ HSS bit, then everyday for about a week, pour in a solution of sodiium chlorate weedkiller mixed with diesel. After around 10 applications of this, simply plug the hole, fill the ground over and make sure it doesn't look disturbed.

Give a few weeks and you will see noticable deteriation of the tree, in about 2 months it will be dead.

Once deceased you can get the preservation order lifted and the tree removed..

:LOL: :LOL:

FWL, are these preservation orders in place for a reason? Should you be giving out advice that is breaking the law on here?

Trees have been around a lot longer than we have. My parents have several very large horse chestnuts and a 100+ year old Cedar of Atlas. Yet the neighbours of about 10 years complained about the trees and saw if they could have the preservation orders taken away and force my parents to take them down :eek: :rolleyes: Seriously.

Jim, for your conspiracy to hate crimes against nature, I'm going to wipe my bottom with a copy of Part P :LOL:

You know, it is dangerous to kill large trees: in my experience, horse chestnuts have a habit of dropping very large branches when they are alive. What could happen if it's poisoned?

Love the trees. The trees are your friends!

WoodYouLike said:
They are for us :LOL:

Well you keep them then. There is a place for trees at it is not near dwellings.

Heres a Q. One is not supposed to 'do' anything to a tree or whatever, abutting one's property which results in harming it.
One can remove overhanging branches and return them to the neighbour ... One can also cut the roots invading one's own ground, again returning them to the neighbour.
So, if you are bordered by one of those ridiculous 60' Leylandii .. right upon the boundary, then cut the root(s) to a foot inside your boundary line ... What happens when 60' vertical becomes 60' horizontal in a high wind due to lack of anchorage? I am guessing the cutter of the root system is to blame, but what if the roots are a hazard to that cutter's property?
See ! It is a stupid nightmarish load of problems, should never be allowed, the high hedge legislation is also pretty weak.
BTW Leylandii are a fire hazard .. sappy with plenty of dry dead wood lurking inside .. do they ever torch up, as some vandals have realised.
:D :D :D :D

How long does it take for such a tree to reach 60'? They grow fast but not THAT fast.

According to the internet, they are fine if properly maintained, they are like big bonsai trees that need constant trimming and pruning. Apparently they are a hybrid, and that is why they can grow at 3 feet per year when young :eek:

So, perhaps Leylandii aren't a great tree to be planting, but if there is a tree that has been there for many years, people have no right to go cutting it down unless it poses a real danger.

Trees are a wonderful thing to have in a garden. I used to love looking out of my bedroom window and seeing the squirrels hopping about in them, plus I always had a ready supply of conkers come autumn. It means you can have a far greater choice of other plants too, as you can have shaded areas and such. Plus they're great for climbing!

I guess if people haven't cut back at 10 ft they hardly going to bother unless it impinges on themselves. so potentially 3 odd ft per annum upwards and bulking real wide at the base .. and look at the boles on them !!

:D :D :D

.. and look at the boles on them !!

:D :D :D Is that a Rustic saying ?

kendor said:
FWL, are these preservation orders in place for a reason? Should you be giving out advice that is breaking the law on here?

Kendor, the Tree is in THEIR garden, they OWN the Land, what right has anyone else, let alone some doddering bearocrat got to make you keep it...

Large Trees undermines foundations, they can starve the surrounding ground of nutrients, preventing all bar the basic fauna from existing there.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against trees, I would Love to see Million fo the things planted the length and breadth of the nation, but a persons back garden may not be the most appropriate place for a large varient..

Sponsored Links
Back