****ing on trees

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
FWL_Engineer said:
kendor said:
FWL, are these preservation orders in place for a reason? Should you be giving out advice that is breaking the law on here?

Kendor, the Tree is in THEIR garden, they OWN the Land, what right has anyone else, let alone some doddering bearocrat got to make you keep it...

Large Trees undermines foundations, they can starve the surrounding ground of nutrients, preventing all bar the basic fauna from existing there.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against trees, I would Love to see Million fo the things planted the length and breadth of the nation, but a persons back garden may not be the most appropriate place for a large varient..
do you agree with one having to gain planning permission before building on their land? and the chaos that would ensue if everyone was left to their own devices? Well if everyone was allowed willy nilly to just go and destroy a tree without first gaining permission to do so by giving a justifiable reason why they wish to do so as suggested by yourself in your post then the already declining balance of nature would be thrown into chaos, there are good reasons why these orders are in place.

Sponsored Links
Chainsaw time !! 'kin townies .. Stick to your lousy theme pubs .. be wanting trees in there next .. to pizz on of course.. I was right in thinking only animals do that.. ;) :D :D :D :D

kendor said:
do you agree with one having to gain planning permission before building on their land? and the chaos that would ensue if everyone was left to their own devices? Well if everyone was allowed willy nilly to just go and destroy a tree without first gaining permission to do so by giving a justifiable reason why they wish to do so as suggested by yourself in your post then the already declining balance of nature would be thrown into chaos, there are good reasons why these orders are in place.

Kendor, building something on their land is different to cutting down a tree, as far as I am concerned, planning permission shold only be required in order to ensure compliance with the Building Regs and to ensure your proposed structure would not adversely effect your immediate neighbours. However councils all to often block permission because they can or due to some Nimby load of old codswallop.

Oh and as for the "balance of nature", give me break, nature finds it's own balance sooner or later. Cutting ONE tree down is hardly harming the planet...

confidentincompetent
Hiya ;)
you asked how many stella , well a "morning after a sesh" 5 min slash on said roots twice a week will destroy it in 2months ,
My neighbours spruce was a nightmare all them brown flakes in my garden its dead now an gone ...
a mate who had a Birch !!!?? next to his gable end used sump oil an caustic soda it was brown in days,an lobbed/ being mulched soon after ...
he got a surveyors report done as he lifted his floor boards on that wall an the roots were still active he claimed on his neighbours Insurance as the root grouth went across his sub floors,nearly into the other side propery ..lol
Trees I LOVE THEM in woodlands an parkland,(The lakes ,Autumn(SP)wonderful !) an lets leave them there ...*gg*

Sponsored Links
Oops I started somthin here haha.
Actually the conker tree is quite dangerous at the moment. as its got conkers like golf balls and when they clonk on yer head those spikey husks are bloody sharp. It takes up a good 1/3 of garden, we back onto a common and our rear outlook is one mass of towering trees and somehow some pratt has put an order on my tree :eek: all the other trees dont have an order. Though to be honest I dont really want to take it down as Im all for the oxygen giving/ carbon dioxide destroying element. But am a bit ****ed off that I am not supposed to even trim small offshoots etc without permission from the lady tree officer :rolleyes: shes on £40k yr. Think I'll take up tree huggin :LOL:

confidentincompetent
calm down mate .. lol ...

a women in West Yorks refused these SUIT YOUR SELF BINS

she stood on her door an asked for a redeuction in her council tax ...

an refused the bins dropped which was on her land, which was her, an 12 neigbhours (sp, sorry !)......

the council said it was council an would send her to prison if she didnt sort the rubbish
I will check out the anti bin sites an how to fight terror style back ..

confidentincompetent said:
......... without permission from the lady tree officer .........

This is just typical of the PC madness taking over this country - Why don't the man trees have an officer to look after their needs. ;)

Hi moz ha ha calmer now got me stella next to me :LOL:

Yeah Jtaunt she aint cheap either.

FWL_Engineer said:
Kendor, the Tree is in THEIR garden, they OWN the Land, what right has anyone else, let alone some doddering bearocrat got to make you keep it...

Change the word "tree" to wiring, and the word "garden" to house... don't you who support Part P with great vehemency? ;)

Hey, even I would draw a line at trees... a lovely big tree is great if there is the room for it, but you do occasionally see a big tree in a diddy garden, that if nothing else reduces the enjoyment of the garden.

But I doubt THOSE trees have preservation orders...

Cutting ONE tree down is hardly harming the planet...

(Are you quoting from "My essay about ecology by George Walker Bush age 59" ;) )

You obviously haven't heard about the poor camel who ended up with multiple orthopedic fractures, due to the application of a load less than the mass of one piece of straw in excess of the rated limit...

If only the camel builder had used proper engineering practices and designed and tested the camel's back in excess of the required limit. :rolleyes:

Moz said:
she stood on her door an asked for a reduction in her council tax ...

Has anyone ever succeeded in getting a reduction in council tax over such matters?

If I ever get a digital camera I will have to show you my council's latest joke... a huge wheelie bin for garden waste, that I came home to find on my garden that is approximately 4 times the area of the bin. :LOL: If I was so inclined, I could easily climb inside the bin and close the lid after myself. Honestly, it's 5-feet tall. Hardly wheelchair-friendly, is it? Yet lightswitches have to be no more than 1.2m from the floor. :rolleyes:

I have no idea which bright spark thought it up: the average garden round here is about the size of a postage stamp, and is generally a paved postage stamp.

Yet they don't recycle cardboard and plastic in the bin pick-ups...

FWL_Engineer said:
Oh and as for the "balance of nature", give me break, nature finds it's own balance sooner or later. Cutting ONE tree down is hardly harming the planet...
You obviously havn't taken notice or seen the ads where the whole city of people are being naive in saying "but it's only one light it won't make a difference"

AdamW said:
Moz said:
she stood on her door an asked for a reduction in her council tax ...

Has anyone ever succeeded in getting a reduction in council tax over such matters?

If I ever get a digital camera I will have to show you my council's latest joke... a huge wheelie bin for garden waste, that I came home to find on my garden that is approximately 4 times the area of the bin. :LOL: If I was so inclined, I could easily climb inside the bin and close the lid after myself. Honestly, it's 5-feet tall. Hardly wheelchair-friendly, is it? Yet lightswitches have to be no more than 1.2m from the floor. :rolleyes:

I have no idea which bright spark thought it up: the average garden round here is about the size of a postage stamp, and is generally a paved postage stamp.

Yet they don't recycle cardboard and plastic in the bin pick-ups...

Our cardboard, if composable, is collected with garden waste.
Recently plastic has been included in 'green box' recycling collection.
Wait for the dog poo .......If one owner starts the deposits, the rest'll follow -- bound to come about just like the seasons' !!
Trees, dogs usually inappropriate to area and home... 'kin humans are the problem.
:D :D :D

AdamW said:
I guess it depends on the tree... I hear German Oak thrives under such conditions :eek:
Well it would, wouldn't it - the Germans are quite fond of that sort of thing... :eek:

My council are advertizing for litter bin enforcers ,
(crap money for the hazzle these poor daft sods are gonna get )

My mate a bin lad was telling me over a jar how the council are going to employ over 100 bin inspectors
when different coloured bins are upturned a lad on the cart has to watch/sift rubbish for rogue obects , say a Glass bottle in a platic bin ...
the bin inspectorate will becalled an the house will get a call an verbal warning then they will get fixed penalty notices ,£40 ....an if not paid court cases an double the fine .....

This is happening in many NorthWest Boroughs/Councils now ...

This to me is a stealth tax , an whos to say we havent some nasty neighbour put Illegal stuff in wrong bins to be a Tw6T,or hooligans throwing stuff in as you leave it out as you go to work ........
+ the council sell their seperate wastes so if all the borough is seperating it NOW you must get a council tax rebate surely ????????????????

I think its TIME for another Trafalgar Square RIOT !!!

Sponsored Links
Back