Injector tees - Straight versus 90 degree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to improve my primary gravity flow by introducing an injector tee on the pumped return - I see on ebay a 90 degree one that would be easier for me to fit than the straight through one - but as it limits the pumped return to 22mm I wonder if the 90 degree one would perform generally as well as the straight thro 28 all round version.

I can arrange either, but the most convenient and straightest pipe run would be to use the 90 degree version.

Your thoughts and experiences would be welcome.

dfoss

Sponsored Links
Just looked @ them on eBay - use the one that`s easiest for you ;) Made and fitted just 1 - years ago . It was so good that when the c/h started pumping in the morning , the coil in the cylinder took the heat out of the hot water ( for the taps ) then started to re heat the lot as the fire picked up - so the customer had to , er. time their hot water usage ;)

Thanks mate
I also emailed the guy on eBay who makes and sells them - he said
"both tee reduce to 15mm inside, the 90 degree tee has less resistance on the gravity circuit. there is no harm in reducing pipework just before the tee, take a 28mm pump valve for example they reduce to about 18mm inside." that's true - just noticed that myself - so that's the way for me - less bends too.
Could fiddle about making one cheaper - but it's not quite so straightforward as the inline verion - and I reckon in this case the Fiddler is worthy of is hire, so bought his.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back