installing a tiolet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a bath room to install in my new home. am wondering if you guys have any advice to give in installing a full bathroom suite and...

i was wondering. when installing a toilet, does the waste outlet need to be the exact height as the old outlet on the toilets ?

am asuming that most toilets have different dimensions of waste outlets.

if this is a problem, how do i go about aligning up the outlet of the toilet to the soil stack which is already coming through the bathroom wall ??

Sponsored Links
the toilet outlet can be higher than the soilpipe but if lower you will need to raise the toilet. you can get offset pan connectors , but , your looking for trouble if no 2s cant run downhill.

The pan spigots are standard, the soil pipes are usually 110mm (plastic) or 3 1/2" or 4" if cast iron.
The pan connectors come in an exciting :eek: array of lengths and wiggles. Eyeball it and visit your local plumbers merchant.

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
the toilet outlet can be higher than the soilpipe but if lower you will need to raise the toilet. you can get offset pan connectors , but , your looking for trouble if no 2s cant run downhill.

I dissagree! Paula Radcliffe can have a number 2s whilst running up a hill!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back