Installing additional shelves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to install additional shelves to my existing wardrobes. I live in a London flat and the wardrobe is white finish.

Can someone advise me of my list activities that I need to be doing in accomplisihng this task?

Upon Googling, I found out that there are various types of anchors available to make a drill in the wall but i'm not sure about my wall type!

I am planning to keep all my new born dresses in these shelves and so i'm thinking of making these shelves out of MDF which seems to be the toughest one which can withstand but I stand to be corrected.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Withstand what exactly.? Are you fitting to wall or wardrobe, you mention both?

Withstand what exactly.? Are you fitting to wall or wardrobe, you mention both?

My existing wardrobe is built into the wall and in order to install a shelf, I assumed we need to drill some sort of anchor to the wall.

I want the shelves to withstand reasonably heavy weights i.e., usual household wardrobe stuff (clothes, extra luggage etc.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back