Installing Gas Hob and Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon need to replace a slot-in gas cooker with a seperate gas hob and gas oven (new kitchen project!). The gas outlet (supply) complete with a bayonet hose is present. Do splitters exist to provide 2 supplies - one to the hob and one to the oven? If not, how do you suggest I proceed, I am competent in plumbing if this helps?

Any comments appreciated.

Regards Joe

Sponsored Links
i dont know much about that but i know unless your corgi registered (by asking a query in here i expect your not) you should not be playing with gas, unless you fancy blowing up your house...let alone your street!

Just need to know how it should be tackled, as I will be building a new kitchen around the exisitng outlet. When some time ago I replaced our faulty slot-in cooker for another it was simply a matter of disconecting the hose with a twist and reconnecting to the new cooker with a twist, not too difficult!

I recently extended my kitchen and installed seperate hob and oven as opposed to a single gas cooker, I too thought that the hob and oven would be supplied by the push in bayonet, but my gas fitter said othrwise.
The oven connects via the bayonet but the Hob is connected to a fixed pipe, It looks easy enough to do but I would take Graeme's advice on this one and leave it to a professional, It won't cost much and would be worth it for peace of mind.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, will leave it to the experts. Better safe than sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back