Insualte loft and re-wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My partner and I live in an old Victorian house, whoch we will renovating in the next 12 (hopefully) - 24 months. The project will include and extension, upgrd to heating system and full re-wire. However, the loft (which is failry sizeable at 50 sq m) has no insualtin at all and I'd like to insualte sooner rather than later if possible.

My question is this.

How much of a ballache will it be for a spark when it comes to the rewire of the lighting circuit if I've already insualted the loft? Am I going to just be spending my 'savings' from the next couple of years heating on a few more days of spark wages?

Any advice helpful.

cheers

Sponsored Links
I would ask the spark to rewire your first floor lighting now, then insulate afterwards. It can be temporarily fed until you get the rest done and a new board in. The spark will possibly want to redo your protective equipotential bonding to gas and water etc.......

Thanks. something I forgot to add is the rooms below could well see their configuration change a bit as part of the renovation which I’m guessing will be an issue with your solution above?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back