Insulating around a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Modern acrylic baths seem to let the water go cold quite quickly because they are so thin. I'm considering wrapping rockwall insulation around the outside of my new bath to give it good insulation similar to a hot water jacket.

Is this a good idea or not. i.e is there any potential problems due to the high humidity in a bathroom. Obviously if theres a leak under the bath then the rockwall will get wet and smell but that would be the least of my worries if I have water under the bath.

Any opinions most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think its an excellent thing to do although more important with pressed steel than plastic.

I dont know what you are describing as "rockwall" but I find ordinary fibreglass the best solution usually using bitumen material as the sticker.

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I meant rockwool i.e normal loft insulation. I get my mucking words in a fuddle some times ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back