Intercom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was hoping someone can help. My intercom has stop working, I only took it off the wall to paint behind and we screwing back the below faults have happened. it seems it has lost power as the green and red light no longer works and the open door function and buzzer won’t work. If you ring the buzzer from down stairs and pick up the headset then u can talk and hear but just no power. Is there a power wire ? You can see from the pictures that one wire is loose and I’m not sure if it was ever attached ? As my apartment is owned I dont want to ring the leassor till I no it will be a fault out side. I have posted some pictures. Thank you so much
E9336196-2F75-4946-AD96-7A7A48F62D0F.jpeg
07E30FD4-F8D7-4431-AD79-85BEF5008F7D.jpeg
6814E5EA-FB01-427A-8DEA-AE486AA59D3F.jpeg
CB69B8A3-491D-4560-9AF5-5C32DB37A49C.jpeg
AFC67ECF-A287-418F-8E4D-1B3BB01D0350.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You should have 12v between VT and 0v ….if not you have blown the fuse in the main cabinet controller …

I didn’t remove any wires, I just left it hanging while painting behind the unit for a day, there was no strain on the wires. Is there any way of testing if there is power coming or not ? Is if it’s a blown fuse then the lessor will have to deal with it ? Plus if the fuse blown would it be only my unit not working? Should I ask a neighbour if theirs is still working ?

Sponsored Links
Check the solid blue with white and white with orange bands for good connection , with a multimeter set on DC range you should have 12v dc ( or around this ) also check that the receiver switch ( the grey part ) is going all the way down and the cables are not stopping this ! Hold it down with the cover off and press the privacy switch , does the light now come on ? If so slacken off the screws that hold the intercom to the wall as you can distort the backplate to the handset and the receiver won’t work

So the top wire and 3rd one down? I will ask my dad to borrow the multimeter and get back to you, thanks so much

I will test with the multi meter tomorrow and get back to u with result, realty thankful for your support

Just an update, was a lose connection on the out side of my apartment, the engineer fitted a new phone and was still no power. Check the cable outside, fixed it and let me keep the new phone. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back