Interest rate predictions

Sponsored Links
That's still better that when I was getting 0.2% or the 0.1% T.S.B. wanted to give me.
Except that if inflation was only 3%, you would only be losing 2.9% of value.

Which is not as bad.

The inflation rate in 2016 was 1.74%

The current inflation rate is 13.20%

High inflation is bad for people with cash savings

And good for people with cash debts such as mortgages on lower interest

And very good for governments with enormous public sector debt*

(The poor, paying 40%, suffer worst, but are not MPs or cabinet ministers, so nobody cares)

*in unrelated news, the UK has enormous public sector debt

And high inflation.

The UK government is aware of that.

*in other unrelated news, the UK government is setting economic policy for the UK.

Sponsored Links
Except that if inflation was only 3%, you would only be losing 2.9% of value.

Which is not as bad.

The inflation rate in 2016 was 1.74%

The current inflation rate is 13.20%

High inflation is bad for people with cash savings

And good for people with cash debts such as mortgages on lower interest

And very good for governments with enormous public sector debt*

(The poor, paying 40%, suffer worst, but are not MPs or cabinet ministers, so nobody cares)
I really couldn't care, it is what it is and I'm not going to let something that I can do nothing about eat my head.

Incidentally, I had a grandmother who lived for many years after losing her husband, who sold the family business and bought several BTL.

She was advised to sell everything, buy an annuity and put the rest in the Building Society.

20 years of inflation reduced her to poverty.

I really couldn't care, it is what it is and I'm not going to let something that I can do nothing about eat my head.
I'm sure we are all the same ilk but don't try and kid ourselves that since we are getting a higher interest rate on our monies than 12 months ago things have improved

"The British pound has lost 22% its value since 2016"

I'm sure we are all the same ilk but don't try and kid ourselves that since we are getting a higher interest rate on our monies than 12 months ago things have improved
I really couldn't give a fig. Now leave me alone, I'm counting my money.

I don't need to be good to be better than you.

About my "best" single BTL cost me 160k years ago. Converted to a largeish HMO, it's earning £28kpa and the agent is saying the rents can go up by several %.
Oh well all right then.
Frankly I don't pay enough tax on that..
There you have it , that's the trouble with the country. Too many people/businesses like me. The gov won't buy me out, maybe I'll find a nice foreigner to buy it.

SOmeone I know, I won't call a friend, has several monster HMOs in Shepherd's Bush , London, north side of the green. They would have cost her a couple of million but the rents now beggar belief.

BofE has spent ££billions to prop up the £/$ rate and now raised the base rate to 3%, which was generally expected by the markets. But rather than just saying the UK is going to find things tough in line with other economies, he goes into detail and spouts out about a 2 year recession. What then happens?......£ crashes again.......what a muppet.:eek: That man needs to keep his mouth shut.

Sponsored Links
Back