intergas boilers

A poly phosphate device, water softener, or just descale it when needed. Depending n how it is installed it can only take an hour with kettle descaler from tesco.

Sponsored Links
That simple. I thought it was going to be much harder.

Off hunting for a Intergas installer ;)

Thank You!
(A better Idiot)

I would like one an Atmos Intergas fitted to my parent's house.

Any ideas what the best solution would be to deal with the limescale issues?

Thank You
u

The pump and limescale are the ONLY weakness and more easily dealt with than most other boilers.

I have a Hydroflow 38 fitted to mine and my Daughters, no problem with scale in the first 16 months.

Are they any good, I think so, we will find out eventually.

Depending on your water hardness and the running temperature of the heating it can take 4 years or never to be a problem.

If you weather comp the heating it might never occur. Definitely reduce the heating set point to 70. Lower if possible on the heating.

Get your installer to fit a decent butterfly type lever valve on a branch between the boiler and a lever valve on the cold inlet. This will make chemical descales of the boiler a doddle in the future.

If you have the height available got for the Atmos version over the Intergas version.

Sponsored Links
Depending on your water hardness and the running temperature of the heating it can take 4 years or never to be a problem.

If you weather comp the heating it might never occur. Definitely reduce the heating set point to 70. Lower if possible on the heating.

Get your installer to fit a decent butterfly type lever valve on a branch between the boiler and a lever valve on the cold inlet. This will make chemical descales of the boiler a doddle in the future.

If you have the height available got for the Atmos version over the Intergas version.

Duly updated in profile, thanks. I am in Lancs, there is an Intergas fitter in Preston but he is on a contract of somekind and currently unable to assist.

I will keep looking. Atom has a list of fitters - I am not sure how they are qualified as such, simply by having bought boilers from them or having attended training courses by them.

BTW - would these boilers work with solar panels? There are some fitted to the roof now, but probably not working now.

Both the Intergas and the Atmos boilers are certified for connection to solar thermal.

We are Atmos Partners which means we sell and service a certain number a year. I don't know what the threshold is, but... :cool: We made a point of knowing our onions with these boilers to the point of annoying both Atmos and Intergas with questions. Anyone listed on their website will have done the training courses - but frankly if you need to go one the training course to fit one of these boilers you really shouldn't be in the industry :LOL:

As with gas safe registration, being listed is not a guarantee of quality although it does improve the odds.

Whatever you do, ask for a few references and some sample piccies of their handy work.

Thanks again, Dan, yup will look into referencing. I find out a bit obout asking for fitters on this forum, when I find out if its possible without breaching rules.

u

I would like one an Atmos Intergas fitted to my parent's house.

Any ideas what the best solution would be to deal with the limescale issues?

Thank You
u

The pump and limescale are the ONLY weakness and more easily dealt with than most other boilers.

Inline limescale filter,peice of **** to fit and can be had for has little as £15 or thereabouts!

And while im on here,im glad i had the intergas fitted,its excellent!

intergas and viessman parts ARE far more expensive than wb parts-fact

But there's not so many of them, and are far more reliable.

Most common fault on all boilers is diverter valve or PCB.

If WB did away with the diverter valve they would slash their spares sales, may increase boilers sales and their reputation but that could take a while.

i have fitted about 15 intergas this last year, sealed and open vent versions, two minor glitches which were sorted by intergas the next day.

cant fault their response, tho the platinum installer pack did take ages to come through after i did their course.

i'm in Bury, lancs if thats any help. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back