intergas boilers

as for intergas having better quality parts. Firstly its too early to tell, secondly you'd think not given that they use a siemens gas valve, only found elsewhere on ferrolis and a fan you can only find elsewhere on a J&S reno, both manufacturers have terrible reliability. Then there is a paddle flow switch which we already know has a habit of sticking and most manufacturers stopped using 10yrs+ ago, that just leaves a Wilo pump...hmm....Vaillant/Glowworm just dumped them for reliability issues...
As for most common part failures on boilers, well it varies depending on boiler, you cant just make some sweeping statement for all boilers. Most common fault on modern WB boilers asfaik is the fan, but Im sure only WB or large scale WB installers will know for sure

Sponsored Links
intergas and viessman parts ARE far more expensive than wb parts-fact

But there's not so many of them, and are far more reliable.

Most common fault on all boilers is diverter valve or PCB.

If WB did away with the diverter valve they would slash their spares sales, may increase boilers sales and their reputation but that could take a while.

greenstar pcb = £120 ish
greenstar div valve "stepper motor" = £39

hardly expensive ! how much is an intergas pcb ????

Fair play, so if you lump all the manufacturers in one box.

What order would you put the spare parts sales.

Diverter.

Pcb.

Fan.

Pump..

would be my top 4.

i dont think there's an increased amount of anything these days, so many boilers come out of factories now with a common fault, due to poor manufacturer, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.
Large quantity of DVs I change are due to poor water quality, so its an installation issue. Ive never had to change a DV on any of my own installs but plenty on other peoples. Same with plate HEs etc...
If we're talking faults with no external influence then I'd say pcb for sure.
Intergas is to young to know how reliable the pcb will be imo. Could be the best in the world...time will tell.
I should point out I do actually like the intergas, if it wasnt for their cost cutting on components to get a competive sale price I'd be fitting them. Maybe they should bring out an exclusive version, £200 more for proven quality fan and HW gas valve, grunny pump and turbine flow switch.

Sponsored Links
The fans are made in Swindon and are supposed to be a very high standard, (that's not from intergas).

As you say time will tell, I still say the less to go wrong the better, this is rip-off Britain after all.

Ive had a hre36/30 fitted in my house for a couple of weeks now and it is as they say,the nuts,it was fitted by a gas safe idiot who i refused to pay as he left us with no heat or hot water for two days until intergas got it sorted.

Still,whats a warranty eh????

I have faith in it to be reliable and worst comes to worse i still have the money to pay for another one,haha!

I may have read this wrong but are you saying that yiuve not paid for the fitting of your boiler and you had to get Intergas out to it under warranty ............ its only been fitted and youve had a warranty issue already, sounds like a really good relaible boiler to me??

If you have bumped the person that put the boiler in then shame on you

i have fitted about 15 intergas this last year, sealed and open vent versions, two minor glitches which were sorted by intergas the next day.

cant fault their response, tho the platinum installer pack did take ages to come through after i did their course.

i'm in Bury, lancs if thats any help. ;)

15 boilers fitted and theyve had to come out to 2 of them within the 1st year ................ sounds like a great little number to me ........ I maybe biased as a WAI but we fitted 136 Worcesters last year and have had Worcester out to 1 of these boilers for a new fan within the 1st year
If it was me and I was a general punter then I would go with Worcester or Valliant every time
I seem to remember all these small 1 man bands saying how great Keston where about 10 year ago
The big problem is that most installers are only intrested in whats the easiest boiler to install - not whats best for joe public

Is that why WB bribe the installers with goodies so they say what a good boilers.

Sounds like BG guys getting bribes sorry commission for selling new boilers.

Ive had a hre36/30 fitted in my house for a couple of weeks now and it is as they say,the nuts,it was fitted by a gas safe idiot who i refused to pay as he left us with no heat or hot water for two days until intergas got it sorted.

Still,whats a warranty eh????

I have faith in it to be reliable and worst comes to worse i still have the money to pay for another one,haha!

How do you mean a gas safe idiot ?? what did he do ? or not do ?

the boiler warranty is a contract between you and the manu? are you saying it was the installers fault that the boiler went pear shaped ?
how so ?? (interested)

Is that why WB bribe the installers with goodies so they say what a good boilers.

Sounds like BG guys getting bribes sorry commission for selling new boilers.

Tell me more ................

Never realised that I was a mouth piece for Worcester

As little experiment:

I looked at a WB 29 HE CONVENTIONAL (GC No. 4131156)

Its PCB list price is £292.

That boiler is around the same age as our earliest InterCombi HE32.

A similar aged WB 30 HE Plus Combi (GC No. 4731175) boiler's diverter valve and PEX come to £146 and £197 respectively.

So, where were we?

As little experiment:

I looked at a WB 29 HE CONVENTIONAL (GC No. 4131156)

Its PCB list price is £292.

That boiler is around the same age as our earliest InterCombi HE32.

A similar aged WB 30 HE Plus Combi (GC No. 4731175) boiler's diverter valve and PEX come to £146 and £197 respectively.

So, where were we?

dan you are cheating! you are quoting the he which is not in production anymore and was made in germany with german components ! you have been a tad tricky here as you well know. Picking the most expensive boiler parts in the wb range.

i suggest going back to the drawing board and look at current models! maybe the si for example.....stepper motor £39 (thats the div valve)
pcb....£120 ish ????

i tried googling spares for intergas and couldn t find anyone on the first two pages. personally as a custard this would worry me !

where can i get a current price list of intergas parts please ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back