Intergas...but which...

Sponsored Links
There you go. Look at `J`. LOL! Full modulation of the burner, injecting the correct level of heat into a house, controlled by variable acting boiler stat and `room thermostat` and no electrics at all. You can tell all the GasShark registered in the Combustion Chamber thread all about it.
Combined-Control-Device.jpg
Look a tad closer at the above diagram and then come back to me after you have re-read what you originally stated..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Look a tad closer at the above diagram and then come back to me after you have re-read what you originally stated..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He is trying to lecture us now - on a topic he knows sweet nothing about. :LOL:! You must be trolling, as no one could be that dumb. The diagram says `room thermostat` and it has `weep pipes` running to it. The alternative `air thermostat` is a rod stat in the return or supply air duct of a forced air system. No gas weep pipes were in the ducting, all outside.

:LOL: :LOL: You make me larf.

Last edited:
Anyone remember that idiot who posted on here not so long ago regarding, iirc, help with his daughters noisy boiler?

Then ended up, in a delusional fashion, insulting all the regular posters on here in an increasingly aggressive manner?

His signature pic had an ugly s*d with red hair in it - can't recall his name atm.

Wonder if he's returned under a different moniker?

Sponsored Links
did gas weep pipes go from the boiler to room thermostat and then continue on to a timer or manual ON-OFF control before delivering the weeping gas to the weep burner next to the pilot light. Apparently they did. A series of controls along the weep pipe. The last weep control before the weep burner would have been kept open only by heat from the pilot flame ( bi-metal strip ) to ensure there was no weep flow if the pilot was not lit and hence no main burner flow..
Bernard, the last device on the weep line was a safety device in case the wind up clock failed. Not all domestic boilers had this. I never heard of a boiler having an explosion, but the device to me was essential. A snap-acting high limit thermostat on the boiler could also be in the line. I recall the governors were made by Jeavons, the thermocouple valve by Honeywell and I think the relay valve and all variable action stats made by I `think` by Powell Duffryn, that name comes to mind. The timeclock was made by Horstman, similar to those in street gas lights.

I recall a few boilers being removed for a boiler that had electric controls. The users complained that were was cold spots. This was the switching differential of the room thermostat. The Gas Relay Valve continuously modulated the burner. The new electric control boilers were also cast iron and I recall that the gas bills were higher than the boilers with the modulating Relay Valves. A step backwards. We have not caught up yet looking at the outputs of boilers on the market, they really modulated very low to just beads of flame on the burner.

Last edited:
Anyone remember that idiot who posted on here not so long ago regarding, iirc, help with his daughters noisy boiler?

Then ended up, in a delusional fashion, insulting all the regular posters on here in an increasingly aggressive manner?

His signature pic had an ugly s*d with red hair in it - can't recall his name atm.

Wonder if he's returned under a different moniker?
By the name of Steelmasons I would guess.

Engineers, not servicemen, do not fit them. To drill some holes and hang a box on a wall is no feat of construction genius. LOL The Ferroli is so simple to fit, a monkey could fit it.
So that'll be why I have never fitted one... So how many have you fitted?

But he said nothing about training...

It would have to be a trained monkey since an untrained monkey could not read the installation manua l. :mrgreen:

Hang on. there is a gorilla at the bus stop reading War and Peace while waiting for the next bus.

Ah... no can't be, he is holding the book upside down.

It would have to be a trained monkey since an untrained monkey could not read the installation manua l. :mrgreen:

Hang on. there is a gorilla at the bus stop reading War and Peace while waiting for the next bus.

Ah... no can't be, he is holding the book upside down.
Gorillas aren't monkeys... They are Apes.

Well it's drifted into farce but perhaps a question to be answered might be why other manufacturers, some having marketed dual pass heat exchangers in the past, in a very competitive market have not adopted or retained them but persist with a plate heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back