Intesa gas combi boiler model TP 23 - NIGHTMARE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,
Just after a little bit of advice. Have had the above boiler for 4 years now and it's been a bit temperamental in that time but all I've had to purchase for it has been a couple of thermistors. On those occasions, the hot water wouldn't work and a chane of thermistor has sorted the problem out.

However, now whenever I try to put the hot wayer on (Combi boiler) the boiler doesn't fire up and occasionally the red lockout light comes on. Eventually after about 20 attempts the hot water comes on all is fine. It's getting a bit frustrating so I was wonedring if anybody has an idea as to what the problem might be again??? Could it be a problem with the other thermistor (believe mine has two but only one changed last time). Someone mentioned something about a PCB?? Not sure what they are but does that sound likely? Everytine I turn the hot water on the boiler seems to start the on cycle but the boiler just doesn't fire.

Any advice?!?! I inkow it's a poor boiler (rebadged Ariston) but I can't afford a new one!

Many thanks,
Gareth

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back