invisible speakers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone bought any of these yet? they are ceiling speakers in the style of a downlighter, pick up fm radio you can even use your ipod through them

Sponsored Links
Not bought any, but I have seen them on display and had a play with them.

The sound quality is not bad considering the size of the speakers, and they are a nice discreet little unit. A good iead IMO.

What sort of price are they? I never got as far asking this.

Sponsored Links
I've used ceiling mounted speakers too - they're great for what they are. My own choice was for the bathroom, and the only thing to remember here is to make sure that the speakers are designed for a damp environment. Normal speakers quite often have paper cones, and over time these will absorb moisture and fail. Make sure you use a suitable outdoor/IP rates speaker in the bathroom.

The other thing to bear in mind is if the room is fairly small, quite airtight, and the speakers feed into a void (such as ceiling mounted ones) you can pop the cones easily if you slam the door shut as the cones will be the only way the air will be able to go to escape.

Oh yeah - Don't forget, no amps or stuff in the bathroom!!!

SavCom

just bought a set of these today, work a treat, look really neat and tidy and the sound quality is pretty good, overally i'd give them a 9/10, well impressed!

you should find them again, and install them, really good listening to tunes in the bath!

a1 electrics said:
you should find them again, and install them, really good listening to tunes in the bath!

I just plug in my radio and rest it on the side if I want music in the bath ;)

I can't get any light out of them at all, have i wired them up wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back