iPAD

I

imamartian

anyone got one? is it any good? what do you use it for? Any thoughts about what the iPad 3 will be ?

Sponsored Links
The iPad 3, will in all probability, be exactly the same size and colour as it's predecessors. Use only apps authorised by Apple and will have a few more meg of ram. Otherwise it's the same. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Edit,, forgot to add that it will cost more too. ;) ;) ;)

I have one, but only because it was given to me....it is good....internet, photos, music and a huge selection of apps.
I do really like it but it has no Adobe flash and never will, which for me totally ruins it as I can't play Scrabble on it.
There are so many more about now that if I was choosing one it would probably not be the apple ipad.
I would certainly do a lot of comparing before making a choice.

Sponsored Links
I've got one. Ive an iPhone and MacBook etc.. too.

They are overpriced, the iPad was best part of 700quid, but it is the best kit available. Same goes for the phones and laptops they make. You pay a premium, but if you can afford the extra then they are great products.
I'm on mine now, it's ace!

I'd wait for the 3 if I were you.

My Galaxy Tab kicks the iPad up the backside in every department.

The iPad 3, will in all probability, be exactly the same size and colour as it's predecessors.

NO, NO NO JOHN!!!!!!!

It will be exactly the same as its predecessors, with the exception that it will be 1/2mm thinner, and therefore will be the latest 'must have' by all those brainwashed Apple sheep who believe this will make it totally different from earlier versions which will now be completely outdated and obsolete.

My Galaxy Tab kicks the iPad up the backside in every department.
not a commonly shouted view.. any details to back it up Blas? and have you played with an iPad?
It's a commonly shouted view by Android users. Steve Jobs was undoubtedly a brilliantly gifted man but why the hell he persisted with his refusal to support Flash is beyond me. Once Android Tablets flooded the market without any 'security' issues, Jobs argument that security was an issue (with Flash), looked misplaced to say the least.

Battery life on the Apple range is its strongest point and it is that point that many believe led to the refusal to support flash... just have a play with any Android tablet using a flash game, flash website etc for an hour or so and you'll see that flash sucks the life out of your battery. If that was Jobs' real reason then I can't understand why he wouldn't just say that.

iPads/Pods/Phones are brilliant devices but they are far too locked down for my liking. Imagine not being able to view a Flash based website on your PC! Imagine having just one place that you can buy your applications from?! Yes Android primarily uses 'The Market' for it's apps but Android allows you to load apps from other sources, your own apps even.

As I say, the Apple devices are brilliant, but for me it's like having Big Brother always monitoring you, telling you what you can and cannot have on YOUR device.

I do really like it but it has no Adobe flash and never will, which for me totally ruins it as I can't play Scrabble on it.
You don't need Flash to play Scrabble on it. Scrabble is available for the iPad in the App Store.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scrabble-for-ipad/id371808484?mt=8[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Yes you are right ...... but I only play it on Facebook and it only works with flash :cry:
Ah the Facebook version. Get an Android Susie. ;)

By the way, Steve Jobs: ichanged the world is on Channel 4 right now. Fascinating story. Not the nicest guy in the world by all accounts.

You can argue the bb vs android vs apple vs etc... All day long. Fact is they are all good, in different ways.
The fact is that apple CAN charge double the price of an android device and people (millions of people) will pay it.
It would be ridiculous to suggest they are all stupid to do so.

Go to the local apple shop and take an hour out to play on an iPad, trust me you'll want one. They are really good.

Thank you, Yes you are right ...... but I only play it on Facebook and it only works with flash :cry:
Ah the Facebook version. Get an Android Susie. ;)

By the way, Steve Jobs: ichanged the world is on Channel 4 right now. Fascinating story. Not the nicest guy in the world by all accounts.[/quote]

Yes......definitely android next time (don't really understand what android is but I am sure its good :) )

Didn't get to see the programme ..... but I suppose that's how people get to be mega rich .... unfortunately by walking over other people. Sounds interesting....I will maybe catch it on iplayer.

Twitter for iPad crashing? Get the update to fix it: an Android tablet! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back