is my pump speed set too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm having problems with two of my radiators not heating up, even when I turn off all the other rads in the house. After reading some of the other topics I checked the pump speed and it is set to 3 could this be causing the problems with these two rads????

cheers

J

Sponsored Links
hi

yeah, but have removed them so there completely opened. I've also checked that the pins are up as I saw some posting that they sometimes get stuck

J

are both rads on the same pipework or in the same part of the house ?

Sponsored Links
hi

I have a sealed system, with 4 rads down stairs and 7 upstairs all with thermostats on the radiators. A ideal icos boiler and a grundfos ups 15-60 pump

jason

hi seco

the two problem rads are both downstairs and very close to each other ie ones one side of the wall and ones the other

jason

Oh I also have trying to balance all the rads as by closing the locksheild valves to there kinda minium 1/4 tun for most of them

jason

so probably off the same flow/return pipes.

probably an airlock or blocked pipe.

do I shut all the others off and open the others up fully thomostat and locksheild????

and if it is a blockage do I need the system flushing to resolve it?

jason

you say you tried shutting all the other rads and still didn't get hot.
has the system got a bypass valve after the pump ? did you shut that aswell ?

i'm just shutting off all the others and opening up the two problem rads fully on the inlet and out let.

I'll check for a bypass after the pump but I am now getting into areas that don't know what I'm looking for. I know one thing there are more piple in the airing cupboard than I can shake a stick at :eek:

I know one thing there are more piple in the airing cupboard than I can shake a stick at :eek:
shouldn't be any piple in the airing cupboard
1224.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back