Is the Goverment waking up at last?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Government tells mosques: force out the preachers of hate

Eric Pickles writes to 1,100 imams and community leaders, urging them to tackle radicals and make young Muslims proud of Britain

The Government has taken the unprecedented step of writing to every mosque in the country to tell Muslim leaders that they must do more to root out the “men of hate” who are preaching extremism.

Eric Pickles, the Communities Secretary, has written to 1,100 imams and Islamic leaders urging them to publicly condemn the Al Qaeda terrorists behind the Paris massacres, The Telegraph has learned.

Whitehall is unable to defeat jihadist ideology alone and Muslim leaders have “a responsibility” to prevent young men and women from becoming radicalised, Mr Pickles said in a letter sent last Friday.

The letter says that Imams must explain to young people what it means to be British. And it says that mosques who identify hate preachers within their midst can receive free legal advice to force them out.

Mr Pickles’ letter comes at a time when tension between communities in Britain is running high.

The Metropolitan Police announced it had increased security around police buildings and would be increasing the number of armed officers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-Mosques-force-out-the-preachers-of-hate.html

Sponsored Links
I'm not really sure what the government is up to at the moment. After Theresa May's speech yesterday, it appears that the recent attacks are actually aimed at Jewish people and not particularly against our western way of life. She said that Jewish people are afraid to remain in this country (does that not include the rest of the British people also?) Obviously someone has not been listening to what British people have been saying for many years. Yes, government, it's your fault.

What a quandary now for the apologists, will they be islamophobic or anti-semetic?

Made me laugh out loud.

News of the letter emerged as the Metropolitan police announced that they had increased security around their buildings and bolstered the number of firearms officers available.

Who are they expecting attacks from; Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikes, Buddhist's, vegetarians. :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Government tells mosques: force out the preachers of hate

Isn't this the same Pickles who told local authority councils to reinstate weekly bin collections?

I have a feeling that this latest message will be equally as effective!

"The Muslim Council of Britain compared the government to the far-right with its wording of the message, which claimed mosques had to work harder to stop radicalisation and ensure young people were not susceptible to recruitment by al-Qaeda and Isis"

No surprise there. And I'd expecct reindeer and his ilk to adopt the same stance.
No wonder this country is fecked.

If thats "far right" then where does that leave those who think muslims should just pack up and leave this once great country?
In other words fek off back to your sand pit in the desert and you can preach hate to the goats and camels.

UK plea to imams to fight extremism draws charge of Islamophobia

No denial that Mosques are teaching extremism, just using the Islamaphobia copout.

Said it before and will say it again...

Islamaphobia does not exist. A phobia is an overwhelming and unreasonable fear.

Fearing Islam is not unreasonable in this day and age, go look at the evidence, or ask the police why they are putting more armed officers on the street and increasing security around their stations.

Who are they expecting attacks from; Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikes, Buddhist's, vegetarians.
:mrgreen:

I'd like to see state funding of all religious schools phased out. It can only be divisive. If parents want to indoctrinate their children, they should have to pay for it themselves.

"Anyone, frankly, reading this letter, who has a problem with it, I think really has a problem.
(PM)

On 1st of January I told my first wife that I was going to make a New Year resolution to be nice to everybody.

Theoretically, that should include people like DC and Nosey.

So I shall not add anything regarding my opinion to this thread! :D
At least for the time being.

I went into a Muslim book shop today and asked if they had any books on UKIP. The chap said "F**k off, get out and stay out." I replied "Yes , that's the one,, do you have a copy?"

Nah seriously, How did anyone expect the Muslims to react? Claiming Islamophobia is almost their religious cry these days. I honestly don't believe for one moment the Imams will take any notice of the government. If they say they will then you know they're practicing "Taqiyya" ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
If they say they will then you know they're practicing "Taqiyya" ;) ;)

Yep that Quran has all the bases covered. :mrgreen:

Anyone notice how quickly the mods deleted my last humorous post about Rudolph. Boy they must really be in love with him.

They wern't so in love with him when he started taking snap shots of diynot pages and threatened to go to the police with them. :LOL: :LOL:

They wern't so in love with him when he started taking snap shots of diynot pages and threatened to go to the police with them. :LOL: :LOL:

I seem to remember him making a veiled threat about involving the police not so long ago. I suppose I will be getting a knock on the door in the early hours of the morning one day soon. :LOL:

I seem to remember him making a veiled threat about involving the police not so long ago. I suppose I will be getting a knock on the door in the early hours of the morning one day soon. :LOL:

You can bet this forum is on special watch at GCHQ. I reckon they'll have someone who's sole job is to monitor GD every day.. (think of all that overtime at the weekend) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back