IS THERE A PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE IN A CH SYSTEM??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted an earlier topic of problems in my heating system..i.e loud banging in pipe..only occasionally tho,especially when ch has just been turned off. Replaced a radiator (got towel radiator in bathroom) and thus drained the system. Have had the problem since. All air in radiators was released and when tried to release trapped air from pump there was none. Dont know if this is significat but there is a 22mm pipe in the loft just above the kitchen where the radiator is which is part of the system and it ends just below the feed and xpansion cistern. It has a small kinda of screw with a normal seal..thus question of pressure release valve. What would that be for.....i cant think of anything else as to why there is still air in the system. :oops:

Sponsored Links
G.U.C said:
So why aint it releasing the air??? :rolleyes:

Because it will be blocked, get a small nail or something, make sure the rubber seal is in the cap and not stuck in the valve, push it into the hole and stick the cap back on quick sharp.

Sponsored Links
Thank you ever so much,something i havent tried. Gonna go do that now..hope it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back