Is this boiler the answer to my needs??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm replacing current heating system in an old house i've just bought. Have been given an IDEAL icos M3080 combi condensor boiler, and wanted to know if it's a good enough boiler to power 8 radiators (including possible one in the loft) or whether i should be on the lookout for another boiler?
Any help greatly appreciated on this matter , as outcome of inquiry will majorly afeect the money free for xmas . :D

Thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
i'd say you picked it up for a fair price!....I'm sure there must be some of these that work for a few weeks on the trot, just haven't come to my notice yet.

What price, oilski?
Heaps of these boiler have been fitted now. They're about the cheapest condensing combi (I think). Some complain about them but they don't seem particularly bad. Ones I've fitted are OK so far! It would be big enough for 8 average rads - depends how big they are of course.

I'm reading off the first post chris that he picked it up for nothing...that is what i would call a fair price for one!!

Sponsored Links
Sorry I missed that detail ! The odd boiler (any make/model) can be a real lemon. WHY would someone be GIVEN a boiler?!:confused:

The first Icos boilers that came out were an absolut nightmare. I have fixed heaps. Ideal then ironed out the faults (they say) with the new M series so hopefully it should be trouble free for you.

Gasman ;)

Gasman said:
The first Icos boilers that came out were an absolut nightmare. I have fixed heaps. Ideal then ironed out the faults (they say) with the new M series so hopefully it should be trouble free for you.

Gasman ;)
:confused:

Hi Gasman
I was interested in your comment about "ironed out faults". We have had an Ideal Icos M3080 installed for almost 3 yrs. For the last year it has been extremely noisy, in fact it sounds like an old prop aeroplane propellor vibrating throughout the bungalow. The guy who installed it has been out numerous times and can't fix, he has changed the fan which made no difference. He has been on to Ideal without any joy.
I'm at a loss how to proceed from here as there are very few moving parts involved.
If anyone can help I would be most grateful.
Many thanks in advance.

If you make a posting on the IDHEE forum there is someone there who works for Ideal and will usually reply pretty quickly as he wants to ensure that their products are seen to be reliable!

Dont mention my name though!

Tony

How about that for a quick response!

He posted it last evening and got a very helpful reply just after 9 am from my "friend".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back