Is this scaffolding OK in terms of neighbour border?

I've been in this situation numerous times. There is a way to approach this and the OP's approach was not one I would recommend.
I've even agreed with neighbours when they have expressed displeasure at what we are doing right next door. And rightly so. I'd be peed off too. However, there is always a way of sweetening things. I've paid for window cleaning, car valeting, new drains, erected new fences blah blah blah, all money and time well spent.

When you are hanging on by your finger nails, don't go waving your arms about.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It's all down to jealousy. One guy is extending the house he owns. He's going up in the world.

The neighbour is just a dopey renter whose rent keeps going up. He knows he's a loser and he doesn't like it one bit.
Quite possibly but wholly irrelevant. Like a lot of your posts Joey.(y)

Why someone needs a clear space to put the bins out when they're in Tenerife I can't imagine.
Our neighbour puts our out whilst we are away, so I leave the van over one side so he can do it.

You lack imagination pal.

Sponsored Links
It was so obvious that was going to be the reply... I sometimes put my neighbour's bin(s) out if I reckon they're full (they don't ask me, it's just an 'instinct'.) But inveriably they're no more than half-full anyway.

Maybe I'm different to you nosey, but if I'm away for a week or two, nothing gets put in my bin.

I realise some people have got an issue about stuff being left in the bin for any length of time ... I've seen these issues on TV when people complain about the fortnightly collection and so on, obviously I can't speak for the 'neighbour' in question, but I see so many people putting bins out when they're no more than a third full ... why would this be so important.

You come back from holiday and what d'yer know ... it's nearly bin day again.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to put the bins on the other side and drive in forwards?

F*@k me we're arguing about the bins now!

"Oi! TENANT! Get of yer high horse and muck in like the rest of us! Your s**t doesn't smell of roses! Stop being a **** and play ball you moron!"

That's the official response the landlording (Woody 2015) guidebook!

I suspect the job will be finished and the scaffolding gone before the hot air runs out :rolleyes:

The suspense is killing me too on this one....jonbey. One might think the neighbour throttled you or something.

Just saw the email notification - I did not realise this conversation was still going on!

As it happens, the scaffolding went today. The neighbour eventually shut up. He went through a phase of parking his car outside our house (we had a skip on the drive), but we just parked outside his house, which I am sure annoyed him far more than it annoyed us.

He did send an email to my builder complaining about sawdust on his drive, his son's SORN car, and my builder politely replied and offered to sweep his drive daily, if he gave permission. But he did not reply to that.

Scaffolding was taken down today, so half expecting him to pipe up again and claim all sorts of problems, damage etc. But, he did mostly quieten down after the property owner said that they had no problem with it and that we could go ahead with the scaffolding and work, and to also contact them if their tenant moans again.

Building work finished. I just need to paint a lot before the carpet fitters arrive!

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to put the bins on the other side and drive in forwards?

He never, ever, ever uses his drive, apart from to park SORN cars! He said once (before he decided to only email and text) that he did not like reversing his car on to his drive, so preferred to park on the road.

Scaffolding gone, his car is still parked in the usual space - across the front of his drive and a bit in front of our garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back