Is this taped wire attached to bolier dangerous?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler (Valliant - ecoTEC pro. gas fired hung high efficiency boiler) was replaced approximately 4 weeks ago with a brand new make and model.

However, after the replacement i noticed that a white wire connecting from the bottom of the boiler has blue tape wrapped around it. it's as if the wire is damaged and the plumber taped over the damage?

einl6r.jpg

35k37s4.jpg

6ism14.jpg

I have no idea why the tape is there i'm hoping that whatever runs through the wire isn't dangerous as if it is, it will leak

i'd be grateful for some advice on this please, i hope i'm worrying for nothing.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
do you know what the wire is or where it goes ?

nice nails btw

Thanks for the reply. Glad you like my nails, i thought they'd brighten up the boring wire picture!

It comes from bottom of boiler and goes down under carpet into floor. Other than that, I'm not sure where it continues to I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
it could be the wire for the room stat, but what ever it is that is a rough job & i would be getting the installer back to do the job properly, that is just not acceptable

Thanks guys for your help. I'll make a complaint and get it dealt with.

I can't believe the plumber felt it was suitable to do a sloppy bolier fit. crazy

You'd be best getting an electrician to sort the wiring out for you. Plumbers are notorious for botching wiring.

You keep on trotting this out time and time again, but it's nothing but lies.

Yes there are some 'electricians' that can't wire heating systems, but then again there's some that can barely wire a socket.

A proper electrician will be able to wire heating with his eyes shut. There's nothing difficult about it at all.

I have lost count of the number of botched, dangerous electrical installs carried out by plumbers which I've had to put right.

adamsheating I see you're from Leeds, the same as I am. Name the time and place and I'll come and do you a Y plan with pleasure.

You keep on trotting this out time and time again, but it's nothing but lies.

Yes there are some 'electricians' that can't wire heating systems, but then again there's some that can barely wire a socket.

A proper electrician will be able to wire heating with his eyes shut. There's nothing difficult about it at all.

I have lost count of the number of botched, dangerous electrical installs carried out by plumbers which I've had to put right.

adamsheating I see you're from Leeds, the same as I am. Name the time and place and I'll come and do you a Y plan with pleasure.

I am from Leeds indeed! First yplan free? :LOL: I've got part p so I an do it myself, but then again, what does that even mean!

You're point is a good one, but its like anything isn't it. Some plumbers can plumb, but that's life. That wiring in the ops picture is just appalling and no self respected gas engineer worth his salt would leave it like that.

Bodge it and scarper.

Maybe they were just chancers like whoever did the OPs job.

I wire heating systems day in day out for a local plumber. There's nothing difficult about it especially your bog standard S and Y plans.

Hey adam, I don't remeber offering it for free ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back