Isolate F+E tank?

Because its potentially dangerous.

The tank takes up the expansion of the heating system when its heated, without the tank the heated water will have nowhere to expaned into and can cause uber damage.

Sealed systems have pressure relief valves and expansion vessels to compensate for their lack of f&e tank

Sponsored Links
Because its potentially dangerous.

The tank takes up the expansion of the heating system when its heated, without the tank the heated water will have nowhere to expaned into and can cause uber damage.

Sealed systems have pressure relief valves and expansion vessels to compensate for their lack of f&e tank

Okay, but the expansion would still be there if the feed to the tank was isolated...

Its obvious no-one knows how much water a heating system uses so i'll take my questions elsewhere,

Thanks again...

Sponsored Links
he aint talking about capping the tank just the cold feed (i think) ;)

Correct, i'm not that stupid! Not my system just interestted to no how much water is lost in a system during any given period of time...

The thought never crossed my mind :confused:

There is no set rule as to how much water it will lose, it shouldnt lose any if its water tight and the f&e is well insulated.

listen smart ass it depends on the amount of time the system is working and the temp its working at along with the system volume

you have 3 of us trying to figure out what the hell you want to know
you want to be clever **** off is that plain enough :rolleyes:

he aint talking about capping the tank just the cold feed (i think) ;)

Correct, i'm not that stupid! Not my system just interestted to no how much water is lost in a system during any given period of time...

The thought never crossed my mind :confused:

There is no set rule as to how much water it will lose, it shouldnt lose any if its water tight and the f&e is well insulated.

Do others agree then that "it shouldnt lose any if its water tight and the f&e is well insulated." ?

Do others agree then that "it shouldnt lose any if its water tight and the f&e is well insulated." ?
Nobody is going to agree with you, or disagree, because nobody in their right mind would spend more time on the Internet asking a question than it would take to fix the problem.

So you've asked, and you've been answered, so now go away and do the work. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back