Ivory 2 Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anybody can help. When I switch on the shower the power cuts to the shower but doesn't trip the main fuse in the central fuse board. The neon on the pull cord also goes out. I have bypassed the pull cord and the problem still happens

:cry:

Sponsored Links
I can turn the power on and off using the trip in the consumer unit, so I dont think there's any problems there - should I be replacing the shower unit or is there a way to test where the problem lies - perhaps a common fault. Thanks for suggestions so far.

does the shower work when you bypassed the pullcord ?

you said when you bypassed the pullcord and problem still happens.
then you say I can turn the power on and off using the trip in the consumer unit.

pullcord is bypassed so its not the pullcord.
is their power getting to shower ?
is the power going dead when shower turned on ?
if both are yes then check the live,neutral in the consumer box.
and check both connections in the shower unit.
don't think is not an answer.
now do what i said.

showers pull alot of power and can have a live connection etc.
soon as a load is put on the cable with a bad connection it can arc etc and power is lost.

Sponsored Links
I see. Yes, answers to both are yes. How do I check the live, neutral in the consumer unit? Couldn't see anything obvious

Just to report that I checked consumer unit and traced to pull cord switch - no probs. Concluded that it must be poor connection in switch (scorch marks evident) Trimmed back supply and load wires, replaced pull cord and everything working now.

Thanks to seco services for invaluable support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back