Ivy is a pest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

having just spent two horrible days removing ivy from the front of my house - (didnt realise it could harbour so many living things, and some of the spiders were huge!!)

anyway im down to the bare wall at last, but there still remains remnants of the ivy tentacle type roots that are a nightmare to remove. Does anyone know of anything that will help me clean my walls. A jetwash wont touch it.

ta

Sponsored Links
Think the answer here is patience, these aerial roots are going nowhere and won't shoot so its a case of waiting for them to die off.

Sponsored Links
i forgot to mention, you will also need a large tub of elbow grease :LOL:

I power washer also works but make sure you dont blast away the mortar

Okay going out on a limb here .... would a blow torch work? Singe the remains and brush off? Surely the brick work would be okay after a short blast and the ivy remains will fall away like crumbs?

I've got a similar problem and was wondering if this 'fun' approach would be effective and easy .....

K

i wouldn't in case the whole lot catches fire then how would you explain that to the insurance co

If it's only small bits, the fire won't be much. I found a flamegun was just the job. As for wire brushing, it'll do more damage than you think, as can pressure washing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back