Jack Monroe to sue MP Lee Anderson

Sponsored Links
Jack Monroe is not upset, it’s political….there will be plenty of negative press against a Tory MP.

and Lee Anderson only has a majority of 5,700

So well done to her for picking an easy target eh?

I do have a crush on this 'girl'. She ain't a lezzer, calls 'itself' 'non binary.

I am an alcoholic 'non binary bi sexual vegan' Just to pith the world off. (or oth) lulz

Dan.

Sponsored Links
Suing people who upset you is so soppy and American; it's like the child that runs to the teacher every 5 minutes. It's also a waste of court time.

The leftie weirdo should be ashamed!
It's not a waste of the courts time at all. The courts are a business and they want more clients not less.

Lawrence Fox in the Spectator points out that both parties were trying to do the same thing.

what?

both publishing defamatory allegations?

I thought it was only the MP.

Lawrence Fox in the Spectator points out that both parties were trying to do the same thing.

What Jack Monroe has in common with Lee Anderson | The Spectator

Lets see,

Jack Monroe wrote to all the major supermarkets and campaigned to get them to reintroduce value brand ranges.

and as result ASDA did

Andy, what did Lee Anderson do?

Jack Monroe provides many of her recipes free on her website
What does Lee Anderson do?

Jack Monroe spends hours everyday responding to people who ask her advice and support, but unlike an MP she gets paid nothing for it.

Lots of people provide their content for free and make money, lots of money from the ads and cookies. She does ask for payment in several places on her site. She also rather generously gives away rights (copyrights) that she cannot restrict to start with. For example

If you are a food bank or charitable food aid organisation and you would like to print any of the recipes on this site to hand out to your clients free of charge, you may do so with my blessing. All I ask is that you keep the website details on there so people know where they can find hundreds more free recipes and ideas, thanks! If you have bought or been donated a copy of any of my cookbooks, you have my permission to photocopy any of the recipes or pages therein that may be of use to hand out free of charge. (The copyright laws start to get sticky when third parties start charging for the material, which has happened very rarely over the years, but I’ve fought quite hard to waive the usual copyright restrictions for my work so it can reach those it is intended to help, please use it respectfully so we can all continue to do so!)

Not really an honest statement, to say she fought quite hard to waive the usual restrictions. She did nothing of the sort, they are part of

Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988​

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/part/I/chapter/III/crossheading/education

Lets see,

Jack Monroe wrote to all the major supermarkets and campaigned to get them to reintroduce value brand ranges.

and as result ASDA did

Andy, what did Lee Anderson do?

Jack Monroe provides many of her recipes free on her website
What does Lee Anderson do?

Jack Monroe spends hours everyday responding to people who ask her advice and support, but unlike an MP she gets paid nothing for it.
Lee Anderson volunteers at a foodbank, and is using his position as a MP to promote teaching people to cook, albeit as a paid MP.

Jack Monroe promotes her book by providing free recipes and responding to people's requests for advice and support is part of that promotion, as well as her doing it out of the goodness of her heart.

They're just two different sides of the same coin.

No one argues that her books are aimed at the poorest in society. But she doesn't make an absolute fortune and has in the past donated a large fraction of her income to charity.

She had the temerity to question this MP when he said that food banks weren't needed and it was all down to people not knowing how to cook. So he's punching down.

The irony is that the material the food banks are using for absurdly cheap meals is quite possibly hers. I believe her book gets given away by some food banks. Les Anderson is criticising one of the few people that is making a positive difference.
So Lee Anderson is punching down when he defends himself against Jack Monroe who is criticising his view about promoting teaching basic cooking skills and budgeting?

Both these people are trying to promote the same thing, ie people being able to provide for themselves on a low income. The only difference is Jack Monroe wants to help them with cookery and handouts, where Lee Anderson wants to help them with cookery and budgeting.

What Jack Monroe has in common with Lee Anderson | The Spectator
that's a well written article that and sums it up, lee and jack are doing the same thing, not sure why jack is complaining, maybe lee should take jack to court ?

there is good points on both sides, it's just been turned into political point scoring, both are threatened by each other,

some comments though remind me of the film trading places, and the attitudes of the rich, nice to see almost 40 years later the riches attitudes havnt changed.

Last edited:
Lee Anderson volunteers at a foodbank, and is using his position as a MP to promote teaching people to cook, albeit as a paid MP.

Jack Monroe promotes her book by providing free recipes and responding to people's requests for advice and support is part of that promotion, as well as her doing it out of the goodness of her heart.

They're just two different sides of the same coin.
zero comparison

Lee Anderson is part of the government that has spent the last 12 years with policies that have massively increased inequality in the UK

Lee Anderson voted for brexit making this country worse off and food dearer

Lee Anderson repeatedly voted for benefit cuts

Zero comparison

that's a well written article that and sums it up, lee and jack are doing the same thing, not sure why jack is complaining, maybe lee should take jack to court ?

there is good points on both sides, it's just been turned into political point scoring, both are threatened by each other,

comments by kevin anderson though remind me of the film trading places, and the attitudes of the rich, nice to see almost 40 years later the riches attitudes havnt changed.
the spectator is virtually run by no10 -people who work at spectator are related to people who work in govt
:ROFLMAO:

Lots of people provide their content for free and make money, lots of money from the ads and cookies. She does ask for payment in several places on her site. She also rather generously gives away rights (copyrights) that she cannot restrict to start with. For example

Not really an honest statement, to say she fought quite hard to waive the usual restrictions. She did nothing of the sort, they are part of

Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988​

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/part/I/chapter/III/crossheading/education
lots of people dont campaign to get supermarkets to reintroduce value ranges

lots of people dont spend hours helping other for free by responding to emails

Monroe didnt have to publish so many of her recipes on the website, she couldve said: buy the book

Sponsored Links
Back