Jacuzzi bath temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently bought a house that has a Jacuzzi Whirlpool bath fitted. I've no idea what model number it is or any idea of how to find out as the manual is a generic one.

The problem that we have is that the temperature of the bath never seems to go above 40c even though our normal hot water is around about 55c. Is there some sort of limiter in these things and is there anyway to disable it?

Sponsored Links
How are you filling it is it through a thermostatic control?

If you are not sure post a picture of the filling device.

Sorry can not tell from that picture, if it is thermostatic then you should be able to calibrate the incoming temperature. check the temp of the supply pipes to see if it is the same as the water flowing into the bath if it is noticeably hotter if it is then it will be thermostatic.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, I haven't even taken the panel off the side yet but will have a poke around it tomorrow.

I'm guessing it is on a thermostat though and if it is it sounds like its can be changed to a higher temperatire?
We were thinking of just adding a new set of taps in which would bypass the whole thing.

you should not really need a separate set of taps if it is thermostatic you will not be able to get 100% hot water out of a thermostat.

you can adjust the max temp to within say 5% of the supply temp, so try to adjust thermostat first, remove the temp handle and it should become clear if not post a picture of temp control,if you adjust it to 50 degrees you will be fine for bathing temp, it will always have to be higher on a spar type bath as all those tubes will cool down the water and the large surface area of the bath as well.

So once you have adjusted up the max for the thermostat if its still nothot enough then your other option is to raise the supply temp to 60 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back