jaguar23kw combi prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello...called out to a jaguar boiler(which ive only ever installed ...never had to repair one)when either calling for hw or heating the fan starts and then cuts out when air pressure switch makes contact ,ie fan cycles on and off constantly....air pressure switch appears ok ...no fault code on display....suspect pcb maybe?...any help welcome

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like a pcb problem mate. Potterton Profiles give the exact same fault and the pcb turns out to be the culprit every time. Never found this on a Jaguar before but the pcb would be favourite for me. ;)

Has to be the shortest fault finding section of any combi boiler manual!
Either the fault is one which falls in the cracks between the error codes, or the thing which should be displaying them, ie the pcb, is bust.
Just worth checking the aps resistances, etc. Lube the fan to see if it speeds up, clean venturi...
Could try simulating the aps with a microswitch.
:cry:
In other words, dunno mate. I'd be on the phone to HeatCall on Monday.

Sponsored Links
Are you 100% sure the APS contact leads are correctly connected before you buy the ign pcb?

Suggest you remove tube to confirm fan runs continuously. Then check microswitch contact resistance.

That failure of the ign pcb is unusual though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back