James Bond

Sponsored Links
What about a gay James Bond or a gay/ black/muslim/ female/ who can't speak English properly James Bond, that would tick all the boxes.

Whoever it is, they'd surely have to be in a wheelchair as well. :LOL:

(Sorry, nothing against disabled people; only against the politically correct.)

What about a gay James Bond or a gay/ black/muslim/ female/ who can't speak English properly James Bond, that would tick all the boxes.

Whoever it is, they'd surely have to be in a wheelchair as well. :LOL:

(Sorry, nothing against disabled people; only against the politically correct.)
Or Jeremy Clarkson, he's looking for job a moment.

What about a gay James Bond .

Given that Bond girls are such an integral part of the films if we had a female Bond then surely she would have to be gay because as we know Bond always cops off with at least one of the girls.
As to him being black , then it really shouldn't matter but saying that seeing Felix Lieter change colour really stuck in my mind as lazy continuity even if it was in two different films.
Anyway I much prefer Harry Palmer.

Sponsored Links
As to him being black , then it really shouldn't matter but saying that seeing Felix Lieter change colour really stuck in my mind as lazy continuity even if it was in two different films.

My original post was about the growing trend of getting further and further away from the original character - whether that be real or fictional.

Poetic licence is fine but I deplore the increasing habit of taking it to the nth degree...

Real or fictional - how far do we alter the person's character (that goes for everything - colour, sexual orientation etc etc.) and, more importantly, WHY??

B

Jack Reacher, notable for his huge size....played by Tom Cruise.

Or our old favourite, the Enigma machine being captured by......

Worst castings ive ever seen include Ken Stott as Rebus, and David Tennant as anything whatsoever he touches.

My original post was about the growing trend of getting further and further away from the original character - whether that be real or fictional.

Poetic licence is fine but I deplore the increasing habit of taking it to the nth degree...

Real or fictional - how far do we alter the person's character (that goes for everything - colour, sexual orientation etc etc.) and, more importantly, WHY??

B

Yes understand where you are coming from , it's basically the same as people saying the film is nowhere near as good as the book.

Worst castings ive ever seen include Ken Stott as Rebus, and David Tennant as anything whatsoever he touches.

I thought Stott was just like Rebus! , it just shows the power of the imagination when reading.

I thought Stott was just like Rebus! , it just shows the power of the imagination when reading.
Interesting that Rebus's TV character has been mentioned because according to Ian Rankin, he purposefully avoided seeing any of the TV programmes so as not to be influenced by the TV portrayal of the Rebus character.
Whereas Bernard Cornwell wrote additional books to explain and accommodate the TV portrayal of Sharpe by Sean Bean. Later books were written with Sean Bean's portrayal in mind.

B

All part of the great diversity experiment.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back