Joe-90 on Utube?

Not a bad effort Joe!

I'll admit though.....I dont like the idea having myself on Youtube :( otherwise I would post it on there!

Haven't had time to listen yet but you'll find it far far harder to sit in front of a cheap webcam and get anything right in one take. 8 track decks make life very easy.

But you have to play and sing yourself....I have played on film, just choose not to show it on youtube thats all

Sponsored Links
Considering that the recordings are done in a room that doesnt do anything for the acoustics and you are not in a recording studio environment with engineers tweaking their pots to enhance the sound
and its basically raw and busked thats a blooming good performance joe!
A lot of people expect too much when listening probably doing comparisons with polished and multi rehearsed performances from others who have access to equipment to get the best sound, not a cheap £20 webcam so good on you joe and keep posting your performances, one thing thats undeniable, you can play those guitars :) .

Yes maybe but if you want to compete in this game you've got to sit in front of a 30 quid webcam. No retakes, no bass lines, no harmonies, no software correction - it's a different ballgame.

Yes maybe but if you want to compete in this game you've got to sit in front of a 30 quid webcam. No retakes, no bass lines, no harmonies, no software correction - it's a different ballgame.
Thats my point, if you were whisked off into a recording studio now and then posted the end result ther'd be no comparison with what you've posted so far, so I can appreciate those recordings you've done more so.

Sponsored Links

I could do that quite easily...my webcam cost me about £15. I could pick up my guitar and play that song

There are NO software additions to my song, it was recorded in a conservatory with a very basic 8 Track, cheap mic etc

If i used any software it would cound a lot better than it already is

Considering that the recordings are done in a room that doesnt do anything for the acoustics and you are not in a recording studio environment with engineers tweaking their pots to enhance the sound
and its basically raw and busked thats a blooming good performance joe!
A lot of people expect too much when listening probably doing comparisons with polished and multi rehearsed performances from others who have access to equipment to get the best sound, not a cheap £20 webcam so good on you joe and keep posting your performances, one thing thats undeniable, you can play those guitars :) .

Thanks Tim. I honestly never guessed just how hard it would be to sit in front of a THIRTY quid webcam (I'm not cheap) and get some kind of recording. Sit too near and it distorts. Mover too far back and it goes muffled. Strum to hard and it distorts, sing too loud and it distorts, get an imbalance between guitar and voice etc. It's really not that easy. Also consider that I don't spend hundreds of minutes recording - never mind hundreds of hours like some do. And after all, I'm an amateur that renovates houses as a day job. Still, I think I'll have a long wait until my detractors decide to join in the game. So it's a one-horse-race from where I sit. :LOL:

I could do that quite easily...my webcam cost me about £15. I could pick up my guitar and play that song

Look forward to seeing it then. Let us know when it's done. ;)

There are NO software additions to my song, it was recorded in a conservatory with a very basic 8 Track, cheap mic etc

But there is still an advantage with the 8 track as even a non musician like myself can appreciate when i dabble with music software on my pc, one track enhanced by backing from drums,bass etc sounds so much better but what joe did was completely raw with no enhancement.

But there is still an advantage with the 8 track as even a non musician like myself can appreciate when i dabble with music software on my pc, one track enhanced by backing from drums,bass etc sounds so much better but what joe did was completely raw with no enhancement.

Not disputing that at all.......but I came on and said what Joe did was a good effort.

What i'm saying is that I would prefer not to post a clip from a webcam to complete strangers that is all

I will record a raw version of desperado in next couple of days, just me and acoustic then I will post it here

What i'm saying is that I would prefer not to post a clip from a webcam to complete strangers that is all

I will record a raw version of desperado in next couple of days, just me and acoustic then I will post it here

Then put a bag on your head. How will we know who you are then? Why do you care anyway? Webcam + guitar please. You can get an mp3 from anywhere by anybody and say it's you.

Not disputing that at all.......but I came on and said what Joe did was a good effort.

I think we are at cross purposes here, I was using what you posted as an argument for showing how good joes performance was rather than criticising your use of extra equipment and i'm sure your raw performance would be no different and look forward to seeing and hearing it.

We may have to change the title of this thread to DIYnot Factor :D

Then put a bag on your head. How will we know who you are then? Why do you care anyway? Webcam + guitar please. You can get an mp3 from anywhere by anybody and say it's you.

If I put a bag on my head then how do i sing vocals? Your attitude has changed a lot since you posted this clip Joe, if you dont want to believe me that its me singing and playing then thats fair enough.

Doing it infront of a webcam does not prove how good you are, if you listen to my song you will hear that I am not great, decent but not great. (although better singer and guitar player than you :LOL: )

Acoustic is not what I normally play though, I play electric. I only usually play acoustic when mates come round to play a few things

at last i can see who im arguing with! brave move. Id be really impressed if you could paly all of them in one sitting though! :LOL:

i can play the spoons does that count?

Sponsored Links
Back