joining cables

Sponsored Links
name says it all realy!!!! probably a nerd!!! spends all his time on here cos hes getin none off the wife!!

Oh look - it's the sort of person who asks for advice from people who know more than he does, and then becomes abusive when they don't tell him what he wants them to.

As RF said to captaincargo, I suggest you don't bother posting on this site anymore.

I dont condone abusive behaviour so think this is best to stop here.
All i ask is for `regular` posters to read the home page of this fantastic site and keep in mind it IS a DIY forum and if DIY`ers ask for help then please offer it them the best way and most polite way you can.

Sponsored Links
All i ask is for `regular` posters to read the home page of this fantastic site and keep in mind it IS a DIY forum and if DIY`ers ask for help then please offer it them the best way and most polite way you can.

The answers to his questions were correct.

I am an Electrician, have been since I left school (1978), but I work on industrial sites and not houses, I am not Part P registered, so if I wanted to move an electric shower, I am capable of doing the work, but am only "allowed" to move the shower unit and do the plumbing work, I would either have to get a Part P certified electrician to do the electrical work or inform the BCO and get my electrical work inspected by them.

It is a difficult situation, I would not be happy to give someone advice if I thought they would use that info to do a job that they are not capable of doing, especially if there are now rules stopping them.

Would you be happy to advise someone on soldering copper pipe, if they have just asked about moving/installing a gas fire?

Nick.

Which I did.

Unless you can find me a post where I was abusive, or even impolite, to ukbobbyjo then I stand by what I said - he's one of those people who reacts badly when he doesn't get the advice he'd already decided he wanted.

ukbobbyjo - are you a friend of fcwoods999 by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back