Just 10 weeks of wheat stocks left…in the world

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That’s a bit scary, not for us but for poor countries.

It might be fear mongering but some people are saying there could be more deaths from starvation than Ukraine war

Sponsored Links
I don't think it is fear mongering Notch, I believe if the blockade of the Black Sea carries on, there will be a global famine.
I read a snippet last week that 'our' government are working toward a solution, let's hope so, I think in situations like this all of us, from all sides of the political spectrum, just hope and pray for the best possible outcome for Ukraine and the the wider world,

to be fair its fairly pointless and meaning less without context and understanding
10 weeks could be a disaster down to a inconvenience
we need to know amount required 'amount in the chain'amount off capacity available and ability to distribute

for example i get a delivery every wednesday from asda but i plan to have at least 1 months off freezer or tin food but usually at least three months capacity this includes cider "hick":LOL:
fresh i will work on 16 days in case a delivery is short
now iff you expect a 100% every delivery [just in time ] with no back up you will off course have problemcs

Sponsored Links
That’s a bit scary, not for us but for poor countries.

It might be fear mongering but some people are saying there could be more deaths from starvation than Ukraine war
Any of that 'evidence' you constantly ask for to back that up?

There are problems just down to fuel and food prices already in less developed countries. I don't mean 3rd world. Fertiliser is another problem for future crops. Some countries are banning exports of stuff to look after their own.

The world food program has people on 1/2 rations according to them. Others in that areas saying similar. They just don't have enough money available and there may be supply issues as well - if not now soon.

Displaced people reached record >100,000,000. 14m Ukraine related but the others ...........................

Putin is using food as a weapon

there was a report that the russians ? have all ready pinched tons of Ukranian grain ??

no surprise there ( Russians & looting go hand in hand )

TBH I suspect all world powers including Putin could work out what the results of various things would be.

Just to clarify they are reckoned to produce ~120m tonnes of grain and export 47m tonnes, lots of wheat, It seems loads of fetailiser / stuff fof it comes from there as well. Not checked numbers but it's been mentioned,

10 weeks from now is August 7th, so most northern harvests will be in by then.

But, Russia used starvation against Ukraine before, it'll do it again.

Sponsored Links
Back