Just had roof fitted... Is there something missing?

Yes the windows did come with instructions, I doubt that they have been read though as the guys supposedly know what they are doing..

Sponsored Links
Would building control be likely to pull them on this?
Unlikely Building Control will even notice it; the only time I've noticed inspectors taking an interest in Velux windows is if the roof pitch looks below the 15° minimum pitch required, in which case Velux won't guarantee them - but your pitch is well above that.
Strictly speaking, inspectors are only supposed to interpret the regs insofar as they impact on health and safety, and a roof light which may or may not leak would not fall into this category.
Having said that, no harm in putting your concern privately to the inspector, and asking him if he would raise this with the builder (no guarantee he will, though, and you can't make him).

Okay Tony many thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. Appreciated mate

I bet the designer never authorised a single trimmer bearer underneath that trimmed truss rafter. :eek:

Sponsored Links
There appears to be little leeway in terms of moving the roof window either up or down, looking at the images of the roof layout. A smaller window (height) would have been more practical but not as appealing.

It’s an odd situation if designer fabricator and fitters can all avoid responsibility for the roof as built

Blup

Guys just wanted to keep you in the loop and say thanks for all the input.

After considering everything that’s happened and why things have unfolded the way that they have. The only option was to fit smaller windows. So I’ll take it on the chin and hope the fookers don’t leak!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back