Just installed toilet - Unusual front flushing!!

Sponsored Links
Lol no I know what u r thinking but he is a friend of 2yrs and an extremely honest person..interior designer as well as plumber, electrician, kitchen/bathroom fitter and everything else as well as having million pound businesses in Yugoslavia before the war...He fitted the toilet & cistern in 6hrs when he said that it usually takes 2 people 1.5 days just so I wouldn't be without a toilet..so no, not a dodgy car salesman lol He actually quoted me 1/2 the price for labour plus a 20% discount on top compared to what I was quoted by others.

Anyways, tbh he did explain why it wouldn't work but I can't remember exactly what he said though it made sense at the time...I am getting a new one so I won't have to deal with skid marks any more lol He said to change it he will only charge me £20 for some adapter or something and nothing on the labour. Seriously, no matter how many times I flush it just won't clear the marks so I have no idea for what purpose these are designed aside from sitting the opposite way (and for females! hehe) lol

As per everything else, there's a lot of design versus function here......
One fairly obvious design feature is that a smaller outlet will clear better than a large one, due to a venturi effect of the water.
Notice there's a trend towards square toilets these days, and very elegant they look too......trouble is, I've never met anyone with a square ass :p
John :)

Well a square one would go better with my bathroom since the bath and sink are more cubic shaped but since the space is tiny (16m2 for tiles floor & ceiling incl) a square toilet would take a little more space than a circular one as the space between the toilet and bath is very tight and a circular one would give more, so will have to go with that..and yes, did wonder how a square one would feel when sat upon..an inefficient use of functional space so design over function for sure.

Sponsored Links
He has told me that the water flush of the toilet is too strong and it empties the cistern very quickly. He said he can try to put some sort of blocker to let the water run longer so I will see if it makes any difference. Since the flush panel is not on I have been pulling up the plastic bit inside the cistern to flush but even when I hold it for longer (effectively simulating what he is saying he can do) it doesn't actually make much difference as the holes in the back of the rim are smaller than the ones in the front so it kind of just trickles down rather than provide any substantial force to clean away any Mr Hanky that is stuck lol

I went to Bathstore to see the same toilet and the advisor said they had updated the design a few times and never had complaints about it. It was also installed in their staff toilets and she said she never has had a problem with it (despite it also being mainly front flush when she showed me - she didn't even realise lol). I was invited to feel the holes in the rim (of the one on display and not the used staff one obviously lol) and the back does have smaller holes and less than the front but on checking of mine, they are comparatively tiny (though I need to double check again) so I think the updated model has much bigger holes.

Will go later this week to double check again and hopefully it will be better and will end up buying the updated version.

Why spend more money on another toilet, get it fitted etc wasting the one you have when its done nowt wrong yet?

Do you get poo stuck on the rim?
Is it getting stained?

IF not just accept its different and keep using it.

Well the poo gets stuck on the pan above the waste and it happens ALL the time an sometimes even flushing three times does not help and you have to wipe with a toilet brush. Is this something that you would find acceptable when the toilet you had before never had this problem.

Its the luck of the draw with that particular toilet Mr. S......the only thing to do is to change it for another design, I'm afraid.
Altering the water wash down rate aint gonna help.
John :)

Yes unfortunately. I don't suppose anyone can suggest a small projection wall hung toilet (max 530mm) that they have a good recommendation for?

That's not really practical. You would have to take off your pants and underwear completely to use it then. I imagine for some of you that wouldn't be an issue as you would 'just accept it is different and keep using it'.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back