keston c55 fault code ?

Thankyou for your response mr agile

you seem to have thought one step ahead of me and i was just looking up honeywell motorised valves!

heres what i have done btw its a Keston c55 with 2 inputs one hot water and one from central heating

i have connected the input from the heating to the position for hot water and turned on the heating and the system fires up and runs

then i had to mess with the slider on the back of the motorised valve and set it to open for the water to go into the tank

i am slightly woried that there is now no control over the heating water as the central heating will not auto switch off but it will only stay on for 20mins to bath the little ones

i am going to switch the heads on the motorised valves and see if this solves the problem

if it does buy a new motor for the bust one and fit that

if it doesnt then i guess the problem is with the sender unit

does this make sense

ps i would love to start a new thread but am not sure where to put it
thanks nickabanana

Sponsored Links
Its a bit late now but you put it in "new topic".

You seem to have now understood whats necessary.

Better to just replace whats necessary rather than changing things over.

In many cases its only the motor that has failed and that can be changed on its own on Honeywell units.

Measure resistance and if o/c then its failed.

they can also fail by jamming.

Tony

Thanks Agile i took out the motor and it was goosed.
put a new one in (£10) and the mrs is happy again.

btw i love my six year old keston c55 never let me down till now and that wasn't even its fault

thanks for the help

nickabanana

Sponsored Links
Keston are being sued because one of their boilers caught fire after their service engineer had been to repair it.

The boiler apparently did damage valued at £150k to two flats.

Keston are being sued because one of their boilers caught fire after their service engineer had been to repair it.

The boiler apparently did damage valued at £150k to two flats.

I wonder how that follows unless it was a wiring fault he introduced. Otherwise random electrical faults on components could happen anytime. If there is a known electrical fault though, they should announce it and do a recall on that part.

There was a tv show last night which had a family who were struck by electrical fires twice in one week. First was a jacuzzi heater - did some damage. Second was a fault in a freezer compressor. Burnt the entire house down. http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4842698.Family_return_from_holiday_to_farmhouse_devastation/

If you read the report of the case you will see that it would appear that the combustion chamber might have split or the gasket failed.

It does say the O?H fuse had blown but did not say that it had been replaced. It makes me wonder if he had perhaps just bypassed it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back