Key System Fault - Nissan Qashqai

I have tried offering the FOB to the start/stop button for linking it. Is that what you mean?
that is/was my thoughts.

I'm that case i do think your next step is to reset the electronics. Sad to say mottie hasn't popped up; this was his suggestion for Freelander similar probs

or

or

nissan qashqai starting problems after battery change

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
that is/was my thoughts.

I'm that case i do think your next step is to reset the electronics.d
more to follow.
Thank you. Sorry - I am a total novice here. Do you mind explaining what it means to reset the electronics?

I'd try coding the battery to the car before doing anything else.

Could cause more complications if it needs coding .

I'd try coding the battery to the car before doing anything else.

Could cause more complications if it needs coding .
Thanks. Can you help me understand what is coding the battery to the car? My previous car battery had corroded out, so the garage replaced it with a new one. They rechecked all connections as well.

Do you mean reprogramming the key to the car? Sorry if these are very simple questions.

Sponsored Links
That's helpful. Looks like the battery change wasn't dome properly then?

Thanks. Can you help me understand what is coding the battery to the car? My previous car battery had corroded out, so the garage replaced it with a new one. They rechecked all connections as well.

Do you mean reprogramming the key to the car? Sorry if these are very simple questions.
Why not just get in touch with the garage that fitted it and explain the issue to them.

They should have coded the battery to the car, and could check its been done correctly.

Why not just get in touch with the garage that fitted it and explain the issue to them.

They should have coded the battery to the car, and could check its been done correctly.
I did. They said they haven't faced this issue before and said they can't program Nissan electronics. Basically palmed me off

I did. They said they haven't faced this issue before and said they can't program Nissan electronics. Basically palmed me off
I think I'd be looking to see if another garage or auto electrician can sort it. And to give you a written bill/explanation if it's a fault of how the battery was fitted (likely) and then give that bill to your garage if so.

Probably tell your garage that's your intention and see how they respond

Maybe its easier to take in to Nissan for this one, failing that if you had RAC cover they may be able to help but i would guess it would need to be a non start condition for them to come out.
We had a Qashqai battery replaced on the drive by them but obviously the car was still under warranty at the time and it was a known issue.
Nissan had a contract with them from memory that was included in the service plan.

Have you changed the key fob battery? Some keys are very sensitive to having the full number of volts available. I would do two things.

1. Replace the key fob battery with a new one of a decent make.
2. Find someone with or buy an obd reader that can check for fault codes.

A vehicle locksmith should be able to code your key if it needs it.
Alternatively find a decent auto electrician who is familiar with Nissan.

Sponsored Links
Back