Freelander battery flat now no ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Freelander battery went flat and now the key doesn't switch the ignition on.

Any ideas please.
Camerart

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Doesn't switch the ignition on - as in no lights appearing on the dash, or the lights come on and it doesn't crank the engine over?

Try a 'hard reset'. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery, hold the positive and negative cables together for 10 seconds to do a complete discharge of all circuits, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect the battery.

From memory of when I had a Freelander, there are some cables/connectors either under the passenger carpet or just above where the passengers feet go that can be easily disconnected by a heavy footed clumsy passenger. Might be with having a look in that area if the hard rest doesn’t cure it.

Try a 'hard reset'. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery, hold the positive and negative cables together for 10 seconds to do a complete discharge of all circuits, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect the battery.

From memory of when I had a Freelander, there are some cables/connectors either under the passenger carpet or just above where the passengers feet go that can be easily disconnected by a heavy footed clumsy passenger. Might be with having a look in that area if the hard rest doesn’t cure it.
Hi M,
Freelander now running, the 'hard reset' did the trick.
Thanks a lot, and to all that helped.
C

Sponsored Links
Back