Key Fob Batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new battery for my freelander key fob. I've been told i need a CR 2032 battery. Tried a couple of places i usually buy other batteries from and one sells a DL 2032 and the other an Li 2032 but no CR 2032. These all look the same but are they different and do i definately need the CR 2032?

Sponsored Links
Why not get one from landrover spares

Because i don't see why i should pay Land Rover prices when i can get exactly the same thing cheaper elsewhere. Done a bit of digging around and it would seem a DL2032 is the new code for the CR2032 - they're the same thing - so all is good. Thanks for the links though FMT - they're cheaper than where i was going to order from!

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm, i ordered the DL2032 out of the catalogue and it came in a packet with CR2032 written on it and CR2032 stamped on the battery - guess that seals it - definately different name/code for the same battery!

the 2032 is 20mm diameter, 3.2mm thick.
CR, DL & LI are the different types (chromium, lithion ion and something with dl in it!)

Do you have an old computer?
CR2032 are the cmos batteries that sit on your motherboard on 90% of pc's, with certain branded exceptions.
I have dozens, would be happy to post some out to you if needed.

Sponsored Links
Back