corsa key fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i own a vauxhall corsa on a 07 plate new shape.
key fob stopped working unable to lock doors etc, i assumed just replace battery and then re-synch however no matter what i do nothing happens . i tried as stated in owners handbook to insert key in drivers door lock and lock and unlock door and i also tried key in ignition 2nd position wait 30 secs then press lock unlock buttons on fob again nothing tried and checked battery/position etc everything seems fine but apart from starting car key fob useless? any ideas....
thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi and thanks for replying. Tried that no luck.
can you think of anything else?

You could try to measure the current draw from the battery with a multimeter but you'd need comparison readings from others.
If the draw is too high or too low the fob is ruined.

Sponsored Links
check the battery contacts in the key,make sure they are clean and come into contact with the battery properly when it is inserted. Also make sure the battery is inserted in the correct way (+ and -)

check the battery contacts in the key,make sure they are clean and come into contact with the battery properly when it is inserted. Also make sure the battery is inserted in the correct way (+ and -)
Yes, try spraying contact cleaner into it but make sure the cleaner you use is compatible with plastic, etc.

We used to use carbon tetrachloride but that stuff has been declared dangerous.

The contacts don't self-clean very well at these voltages and current levels, it's called 'dry circuit switching'.

Hi thanks to everyone who replied.
Firstly for some reason and without me doing anything, in fact i had just arrived home, i realized the key fob had started working? Then the next day it stopped working and then it worked again.
I was aware of the -/+ with the battery and it appears to be in contact with them but apart from a" +" sign on the battery there is no apparent way of inserting the battery. i asked in a car repair shop and they seemed to think it was ok.
Perhaps somewhere there is an intermittent problem?
thanks
any further ideas?

Slightly bend the battery contacts inside the fob.....if its working even just occasionally it shows that there's not much wrong.
John :)

Or clean the contacts with a mild abrasive like a pencil eraser.

For the moment you might have lucked out with this thing but while it's working get the current draw.

Sponsored Links
Back