Rover 45 key fob ins't lockin the car (fixed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem started two day ago.

I can unlock using the key fob but can't lock the car with the fob, I have to use the key.

Have checked the fob battery which still has 3v in it and also tried the spare fob which can't lock the car either.

Have tried using the fob standing next to the driver's door - no joy.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try reprogramming first.

Unlock the vehicle using the key
Hold the remote control close to the vehicle
Press the remote control padlock or dimpled button 4 times or more in quick succession.

Most obliged ch427

Seems to have rectified the problem.

Asking as a a non-expert with electronics, why do key fobs loose their programming? ............ same as a PC crashing perhaps?

Sponsored Links
I'm not an electronics expert, but I was doing a bit of reading on "rolling codes" after I installed a new garage door remote, and the one transmitter didn't work.

Seems to me that with many systems you are allowed a certain number (usually 256) of "missed presses" where the receiver is out of range of the transmitter. So it could be that somehow the transmitter button is getting randomly pressed, or a bad /intermittent connection is causing a similar thing to happen or the code to be "lost".

As far as I can see the receiver will simply "ignore" any codes which don't have the right code, no matter how many it might receive.

There's a bit about it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_code

Back