vauxhall corsa 07 plate ignition problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a problem with the central locking on my corsa. sometimes when i insert key into ignition nothing happens and i remove key try again and its fine.
i have replaced battery in key fob as central locking stopped working. i replaced quickly and in same position as old battery. i have tried re-synch as it says in handbook and also info i found regarding inserting into ignition switch waiting 30secs and pressing lock/unlock neither have worked.
when i remove key if radio on then radio does not automatically turn off when key removed as it previously did and when drivers door open i get a bonging noise?
i have now got to lock doors by pressing button internally and locking drivers door manually.
any ideas??
is it electrical or is it just re-syncing key?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a problem with the key switch itself rather than anything else.

Pulling the key out will usually turn off the radio and remove the 'accessory' supply. If this doesn't happen I can imagine it can lead to confusion in the body control module as you're describing!

Start off with a squirt of WD-40 in the lock to see if that makes any difference. It won't do any harm.

Hi thanks for replying. I squirted a little bit of wd40 into ignition switch i did this about 24 hours ago unfortunatly it has made no difference.
Something you said about "it not recognizing the key" this i agree is the cause.
any other ideas?

Well all the symptoms are pointing towards something believing the key is in the ignition when it isn't: the bonging when opening the door, the radio not going off, remote not working (they usually don't unless the key's out) etc. Got any kids who could have pushed some gum or something in there?

Immobiliser issues usually give you a flashing spanner light, so I still believe that issue is a symptom of the fault, rather than something separate.

If you can, remove the cowl around the column to access the switch/barrell. I've not done one of these but there's uaually a couple of plastic tags and/or torx screws which you can access to get the trim off, either behind the wheel (turn it round left/right to access), underneath or both. If you can test the switch operation then that will confirm my suspicion, otherwise your local parts department or eBay will be able to help source a replacement.

If it's not that it's a connection elsewhere to the body control module or a sticking relay, or a faulty body control module.

Sponsored Links
Back