kitch worktop disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently put down a slate floor in my kitchen, went well. :) I was then cleaning it with a heavy duty cleaner to get off the grout film, but I stupidly put the bottle on my kitchen work surface in several places and now I have marks where the cleaner has eaten away at the worktop glaze, ploymer, whatever the stuff is. :cry:

The worktop is the board type with smooth covering on top, it's the stuff that most people use. When the areas are wet it looks fine, so it's just the shiny covering that is damaged.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? I don't want to have to replace the worktops..they're only 2 months old, the missus is not happy with me! Is there a something I can put on the top a sealant which will put the glaze back on?

thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Ultra Worksurface Sealant.
I have heard of this but don't know much about it,you might have to even sand down all the area to keep it the same

See this . Might be idea to give them a ring to see if it's suitable for you.

I've lost counts repairing worktop,but only by tiling over it :!:

thanks but this sealant is for a wood surface, not a laminate, not quite what I need.

Sorry,you didn't mention laminated worktop.To be honest there's nothing you can do apart from renewing the worktop again or formica glued on top with beading in front or tiles over it.

If you do find a sealer,it will always be lighter where the damaged is.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I've actually used some black shoe polish and left that on several times for a good while, this has died the spot black. It's not perfect but it saves me replacing the whole worktop.

true I've just about managed to convince the other half it's now a feature. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back