Kitchen fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never fitted a kitchen in my life, but I'm OK with plumbing and general DIY so I'm going to have a go. It won't be the full bifters: I'll just be changing worktops, hob, sink and cupboard fronts because the carcases and the wall tiles appear to be OK, and I won't be touching the electrics.
Just wondered whether peeps had any useful tips to pass on before I start?
Ta.

Sponsored Links
Depends what tools you have, if you are fitting laminate work-tops a mitre jig and 1/2 inch router are essential for a good job.

Bit short in the mitre jig and router department, but thanks for the advice. I'm sure I know someone who's got them. :0)

Sponsored Links
Simpler and cheaper the better, to be honest, Foxhole. It's the last major job I'll be doing here before putting the house on the market next year.

Your could always hire the router and jig. Failing that, it might be worth your while hiring someone to do the worktop while you tackle the rest of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back